• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

IP Help wanted

panzerjunky

Hello Fellas
I have a leak comming from my IP it appears to be comming from between the part that has the 6 injector lines comming out of it and the part that it bolts to there are 4 bolts holding this piece down. Possibly a dried out or otherwise bad gasket. My question is if I remove the 4 bolts and lift the top ip off to change the gasket will the thing grenade on me in a million parts or will it lift off intact? The same grenading question applys for the part that the kill cable runs to as well as the smaller box below that with the fuel line comming out of it and running forward that box also has a safety wire on it. Do I need to take the injector lines off to get the top part clear enough to change the gasket? If so any tips would be apriciated. Lastly what TM would I look at for some help on this issue.
Thanks Jerry

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The smaller box, with 2 screws will have to be opened to get the hydraulic head out. The HH is what you need to pull to fix the leak. No, it will not explode into 100 pieces. Yes, there are some small parts that you have to be carefull of. Search HH replacement or swap. SOme good info here on it.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
If I remember correctly, there is 2 O-rings that can go bad. Someone here had new Viton O-rings for cheap. I got 2 sets.

FloridaAKM

Large O-Ring: 2.484 x .139 = -230 or 230 (depending on which standard)
Small O-ring: 2.109 x .139 = -227 or 227 (depending on which standard)
Actuator O-Ring: .426 x .070 = -013 or 013 (depending on which standard)

You are welcome & you can get them from McMaster-Carr in a day or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks