• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Peter Bog's CAD deuce schematic!

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok, so i downloaded the cad drawings and made a few of the recommended changes:

starter - flipped coil and contacts
added circuit breaker to light switch
changed color to green
renamed "Switch Ignition" as "Master Switch"
changed heater feed "35" to read "55"

attached is the PDF version. aaaaaaannnnd i'm having trouble getting the .dwg uploaded, even zipped as a .zip file.

what's the secret?
Thanks, this is Awesome!

bartsworld1982

Everyone says. Your question has been covered a thousand times. Do your research instead of asking the same question again. I’ve been researching for two days. Why can I not find the file and see this schematic. Am I missing something ?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone says. Your question has been covered a thousand times. Do your research instead of asking the same question again. I’ve been researching for two days. Why can I not find the file and see this schematic. Am I missing something ?
Post #2 of this thread contains two click-able links which will display the images you seek.

By the way,
WELCOME ABOARD :) Find a bunk, Stow your gear, and Prepare to get underway :driver::driver:

Doug Roberts

My M35A2C is a '87 Air Force model, and my starter switch is the pn 12375615 (also used on M35A3). I guess I don't have a fuel pressure switch. Anyway, I'm having a start issue, and I was wondering if there is another wiring schematic for the Air Force Deuce like mine.

Attachments

dogfishtroop

Travis, the light switch CB is within the switch housing......it's rated 20 amps and the dimmer resistor is 30 ohms.

Thanks for working on it, although I'm personally perfectly happy with the TM wiring diagrams, with all the variations from year to year. Some features like an oil pressure safety switch is not present on all models. Wiring, specific for other variants should be so labeled.
All a pretty big job if it's to be useful.
I also find it interesting to see changes as they occur in time, where does the push button switch come in and how is its wiring to be shown.

What's not well documented are the ground returns, they should be labeled exactly the way they are realized on the vehicle, such as "ground" strap, "washer/screw","housing" etc, so that the return path to battery neg terminal can be followed in the diagram. Some diagrams show a little of this ground wiring some don't.
All light bulb part numbers should also be shown with wattage and/or current drain.
The turn signal pilot light should be grounded, the instrument panel grounding should be made clear....it goes on and on.

Edit: Added a sentence.
I have the push button light switch on my 1993 M35a3 that lights up but does not turn on any lights. Front BO light stays on all the time (drains battery) and can't turn it off at the switch. It appears that from the updated schematic that if the circuit breaker is open the Bo light should be out as well as all the other lights. I do have turn and brake lights. Also, how and where do you access the CB in the light switch? Are these switches know for problems or do I have a gremlin in mine?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks