• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lowboy Trailer

Marcel

I am looking at Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles-- 2nd Edition in the Low Bed chapter. I can't find a low-bed trailer with three rear axles. Most have two axles and one has four axles. Perhaps it is a civy low bed.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Army did not buy large quantities of this type trailer. Most likely this is a Navy trailer, and typically they would buy civilian type trailers when a need arose. You see these oddball "one of" trailers all the time on GL.

emr

The standard catalog as awesome as it is, does leave alot out, the book would not able to be carried to have every vehicle and trailer in it, I have 2 trailers not in the book. I LOVE that trailer that truck and the Barge too...:-D... I would like it in a package deal...:roll:

Capt.Marion

The description of that same picture on Olive-Drab.com is as follows:

"M-818 Truck, Tractor, 5 Ton 6x6, towing a heavy equipment transporter semi-trailer, loaded onto a floating causeway, off the coast of North Carolina, exercise Ocean Venture '92, 13 May 1992."

Could that be one of the trailers used with the M911 HETs?

Marcel

Me too Randy

The standard catalog as awesome as it is, does leave alot out, the book would not able to be carried to have every vehicle and trailer in it, I have 2 trailers not in the book. I LOVE that trailer that truck and the Barge too...:-D... I would like it in a package deal...:roll:
Very cool set up. It's good to know that I will have many more surprises in the future concerning types of military vehicles out there to be bought and seen. Knowing all is no fun if you like surprises... and I like (good) surprises. Hey how about that HEMTT on e-bay if I had a million bucks.......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks