• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yet another horror story about Creekside (OH)

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today, I went out to the GL warehouse at Creekside to pick up one little pallet of clean air kits for the deuce that I won.

I get there at about 0720 this morning, it takes them until about 0755 to get me though the gate, they couldn't find my invoice!!! :?: Come on people, it's on the dammed computer, :idea: how hard is it to print a new one!!!

So I finally get in the gate, and go back to the loadout area and there are two other trucks waiting as well. Actually I was behind them at the gate waiting to get in. The one guy from Philadelphia, was getting loaded pretty quickly, the other poor soul from NC was waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more. About 0830 the guy comes out of the warehouse and tells me "We don't have your property". They searched throughout the warehouse and couldn't find the exhaust kits!!! The driver that was loading up the lucky guy from Philly, tells me "we loaded all of them out on Friday, there are only 2 left (not 2 lots, just 2), there was a lot of 4 going out, we only had a lot of 6 left so we took two off of it." Turns out there was a guy that got stiffed on Friday afternoon as well. Someone got 12 free clean air kits that they didn't pay for, while me and another customer got shafted!!! :evil::evil::evil:. I left there about 0920 empty handed (almost) and the poor guy from NC was still sitting on the tailgate of his trailer waiting.

The only bright spot about the whole rotten day was that the guy from Philly, was trying to cram 20 pounds of chit in a 10 pound sack!! He had a Chevy 1 ton dually trying to load 11 pallets up in it. He ended up giving me 2 pallets of what he was calling scrap metal. The pallets had about 50 seat pedestals (I think for the M934 series trucks), 16, M109a3 splash guards, and 2 rims on them. I have no idea what the rims are for. I made a thread about the scrap he gave me if anybody wants any of it. I didn't put it in the classified section because I'm not gonna have it for long, it's going to the scrap yard next week, but I hate to get rid of good OD parts if someone needs any of them. So I made a post, but it's possible it'll get deleted. Anyway, if I take that stuff to the scrap yard, I can at least recoup my fuel costs for the trip.

On a side note, It was a great excuse to take the deuce for a ride. She did great!!! 2500 RPM's out and back about 2 hours each way, temp stayed about 170 to 180 the whole way...she purred like a lion (too big for a kitten).

Just another fine example of GL's fantastic customer service at work.

omega231

:ditto:

i sounds like some of the crap GL pulls is just asking for a law suit...

i cant say that all GL people are bad though. the guys here at Redstone have been great to work with.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
citizensoldier said:
Oh ****! I know a guy that has a lot of 6 of those kits he was going to pick up next week! I will call him and have him call GL.. Oh crap he is going to be pissed!

I'll bet he is...I sure was.

citizensoldier

Oh.. and please send a nasty email to the company that renews the contracts for this. I wish I had big bucks I would be after GL for a whole list of illegal and back stabbing deals.. There answer is always .."We will reimburse your money" They are never accountable for time and fuel spent for there screw ups. Does anyone on here have some deep pockets that wants to go after them? Time for them to hit the road!

"How about this, not only send the complaint to GL but since they have a contract with DLA send a carbon copy of the complaint to DLA customer service, I'll bet they will get really tired of hearing from GL's customers about the goings on and might even have the DLA's Inspector General look into it if there are enough complaints. think about this, if DLA thinks everything is just hunky dory with GL they will keep renewing their contract, but if they get enough complaints from GL's customers, they may take a harder look at them! The address for DLA customer service is" DLAContactCenter@dla.mil

Last edited:

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the guy from Philly I was talking to today that gave the scrap to me, was telling me he had to hire a lawyer one time to fight them...they listed a transmission that he wanted but put the wrong picture. He bid on it and won it really really cheap. He said it was like a $20K Allison tranny. They didn't want to release it to him because they realized their mistake and wanted to get more money for it. He hired a lawyer and fought them over it, he told me by the time he won the suit, they had already relisted the item and were trying to sell it before he could get it...he eventually won the tranny but it was a huge hassel and cost him an extra $1000, but he said the tranny was well worth it.

citizensoldier said:
Oh.. and please send a nasty email to the company that renews the contracts for this. I wish I had big bucks I would be after GL for a whole list of illegal and back stabbing deals.. There answer is always .."We will reimburse your money" They are never accountable for time and fuel spent for there screw ups. Does anyone on here have some deep pockets that wants to go after them? Time for them to hit the road!
Also, the poor guy from NC who was waiting for his lots, was telling me that he got stiffed on some lots there a few months earlier. He had to make a return trip about three weeks later when they finally found them, he filed a claim and they did reimburse him for his milage from the first trip....so he said.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Creekside managed to loose 2 out of 4 pallets of a lot I won.. Several phone calls/messages to the site have not been returned.

Michael

Is this one of the two indoor warehouses where almost all of the indoor stuff is ending up? I wonder if they have figured out that it wasn't such a good idea to funnel all of the nation's surplus through two outlets?

rideni

if it was me I would have called the base security or MP's and pressed charges against GL for Theft or fraud. If you mail them a check or a EUC then you can involve the postal inspectors, and they don't play around when you use the mail for stuff like this.

FrankUSMC

Sorry, but the MPs do not arrest you for losing something.
What I am worried about, is the DRMO getting rid of GL and going to just scrapping every thing. I have been buying surplus for over 35 plus years, so I am not new to this. I also work next to DRMO. I am seeing stuff that was sold years ago going into the scrap roll offs. I am not joking guys, stuff that would sell, just being scrapped out. It is faster, cheaper, and less pain for them. Last year, I had to beg the guy doing the scrapping not to crush a jeep M416 trailer. He did let me go talk to the gL guys and it did make it to the sell. Last week, in a scrap roll off was shovels, picks and axes, all SL3 gear off trucks......scrap. On Thrusday, I talked to the GL guy here, about any parts coming up for sell. He told me that a unit turned in a truck load of new parts for the M35s.....scrap.
If Garbee is reading this, he will back me up on this because he sees the same thing at Fort Bragg.
Those who want to get rid of GL, might be getting your wish, just be careful what you wish for.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

ABN173

What I am worried about, is the DRMO getting rid of GL and going to just scrapping every thing.
Correct me if I am wrong but DRMO used to hold onsite auctions way before GL and the internet came along, I don't think everything would would just get scrapped. Besides I don't think it would come to that odds are they would just make them restructure or find another company to do the same thing.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jpcj-7 said:
Great, guess where I'm going tomorrow........

Good luck. Call ahead and make sure your stuff is there...LOL

rideni said:
if it was me I would have called the base security or MP's and pressed charges against GL for Theft or fraud. If you mail them a check or a EUC then you can involve the postal inspectors, and they don't play around when you use the mail for stuff like this.
I do not believe that the Columbus Creekside location is a government installation. I think it is just a GL warehouse where the DRMO ships things to. Also, there was no EUC involved in this auction and GL does pretty much nothing by mail so the postal inspectors are out of it. About the only thing that could be pressed would be credit card fraud and interstate commerce since GL is located in another state.

But, as another member already stated...it's kind of hard to press them for lost goods. As mad as I am, they didn't cheat me, they just gave my property to someone else...while it is my property, since I hadn't actually taken posession of it yet, I don't know how much it can be considered mine, especially if they are going to refund my money. I will just be happy to get my money back at this point. If it were a higher dollar item, or something I really, really wanted I would press it a lot more.

ABN173 said:
Correct me if I am wrong but DRMO used to hold onsite auctions way before GL and the internet came along, I don't think everything would would just get scrapped. Besides I don't think it would come to that odds are they would just make them restructure or find another company to do the same thing.
I'm not a big conspiracy theorist, so I have to agree with you about this, the surplus business has been going on for too long to just up and end it all together. They would probably just get another company to take the contract, or go back to doing it themselves.

phantomjeep

Are you sure miltruckman wasen't there with his sidekick lawyer BobH calling the shots,
with all those truck he will need mismarked lot number exhaust kits to fit them

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
ABN173...you are correct about the DRMO sales.....all those folks were gooberment employees earning good money and good bennifits...enter "smaller gooberment" ideas.
It was deemed cheaper to contract out the property disposal to a private contractor.....GL was the winner of the contract (I would like to have been a fly on the wall when the specs for that contract were written).
They took over most of the DRMO sites and promptly fired most of the workers they had promised jobs to and closed as many sites as they could. Other sites are now "unmanned" and you work around GL's schedule to get your property. Albany, GA only loads out on Tuesday...one day a week. Try and work around that.
I have said it before and I wll say it again...this contractor has govenment oversight...call your representative and the representative of Columbus, Ohio and complain....early and often.
Congressional inquiries have to be addressed in a timely manner.....when I threatened them with one the customer service rep (yea right) in Arizona changed his tune and worked with me.
I'd like to think that Creekside is an exception rather than the rule. I have been there twice and waited a long time to load each time.
I think it is a mangement problem and lack of a realistic plan for moving inventory.
Why they haven't brought in someone from a successful site to clean up that mess is beyond me.

FrankUSMC

I see every day, I really think some of you would be very shocked if you saw what was going to scrap. It is the easy way.
Also, on that note, DRMO here at MCAS Cherry Point, and Camp Lejuene, has even started giving away funiture. Just about all the nice wall lockers, desks that were being turned in were being scrapped. There was a mountain of barracks furniture here. They could not keep up with it. So, they ran ads here on the base, on a Saturday, they would open up DRMO, and the barracks stuff was free...just haul it off. We can not scrap it fast enough.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks