• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sold the CUCV today...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well folks, it was a sad day today. My 1984 M1009 CUCV was sold. :cry:

For those of you who don't know, my CUCV was the inspiration for this whole website. I bought it in 1995, back when there wasn't a whole lot of info out there about them.

I decided to start Chris' CUCV Homepage on MSN Homepages. I created it using my then girlfriend's (now wife of 6 yrs) 486 PC.

That was a fun site, but it really limited the amount of info I could put out there. I wanted to have a universal military site for all MV owners. Thus, Steel Soldiers was born in 1999 from my home office in Memphis, TN.

It was tough letting the CUCV go today, but it was great because it went to a real nice guy named Todd from Lynchburg, VA. Todd recently joined SS and I hope he will stay with us here and maybe attend some rallies in my old CUCV.

Thanks for the memories M1009!! :lol:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a hard thing to do. I was a little saddened when the M887 went driving away. I was nearly hearbroken when the M35A2C drove away even though it onlu went 8 streets away. You'll heal Chris and thanks M1009 for the website and all the great friends I've made here.

Socomsam

Yes, l know the feeling :(

Had to sell my 1944 MB and my M1009 to move to Vegas.

Hey Chris, l remember your old site! Had it bookmarked, along with Andy Michalski's site.

l give you a year or two before you get another, or you convert a burb for the ultimate CUCV experience!

Jeff

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Holy crap Socomsam! You found my old site on Archive.org! That's awesome, just the pick-me-up I needed. Such humble beginnings...

It wouldn't be so bad parting with the CUCV if I had my Mog here. I might have to make a trip to WV in the next week or two to bring it down here. Gotta start getting ready for the 2006 Rally!

Well, I just hope that Todd will join us here and have as much fun with the '09 as I did over the years.

allrevup

Just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for this site and the wealth of knowledge/contacs that it has provided me since 2001 when I iquaired my first CUCV, it has help me and sertantlly others beyond measure...

transman

Holy crap Socomsam! You found my old site on Archive.org! That's awesome, just the pick-me-up I needed. Such humble beginnings...

It wouldn't be so bad parting with the CUCV if I had my Mog here. I might have to make a trip to WV in the next week or two to bring it down here. Gotta start getting ready for the 2006 Rally!

Well, I just hope that Todd will join us here and have as much fun with the '09 as I did over the years.
More time and $ for the hmmwv project, perhaps?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks