• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003a intake area wire harness needed

maddog

Well I got the 2nd unit running with some stolen parts of my other unit. It doesn't make electricity yet, but I have decided to fix it and need a couple parts.

1. The wire harness complete with receptacle that mounts in the sheet metal at the intake manifold. It goes to the glow plugs and a few other things. I have the harness that goes to the sheet metal but nothing inside the sheet metal.

2. Throttle cable for setting the engine speed.

3. The non-metal cover over the split bolt electrical connections.

4. Battery hold down frame and bolts.

If anyone has this stuff I sure would like to buy it from you.
Thanks

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find anybody who has the stuff, you can make a few of the things yourself. The cover over the connection box is just a piece of 1/4" fiberglass sheet, easy to cut and mount onto the"piano" hinge if you have the hinge...if not, you should be able to get the hinge at the hardware store.

The wiring to the glow plugs is also easy to get done yourself too, even without the connector that the main wiring harness screws into. If your wires are just cut, you can just determine which wires go to the glow plugs and to the intake heaters. The intake heaters are both in series...the hot wire for the intake heaters comes from the harness connector to the first heater element, then from the other side of the first element to the one terminal on the second heater element. The second terminal on the second element to ground. The hot wire going to the glow plugs just goes to each glow plug in parallel, and each glow plug is grounded.

I'm sure you would like it to be as much like it's supposed to be as you can get it. But if you can't find the stuff, then you do have the option to make some of it.

If money isn't an issue, Delks Army-Navy in NC has a lot of parts for these sets on hand.

maddog

OK, you busted me. I have a fabrication shop and built electric vehicles for years. I was just being lazy.:p

Thanks for the Delks Army-Navy link. I will check them out.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's located behind the gauge panel in the upper right hand corner. Eight lines going in, 4 per side. Here's a pic.

Pic didn't load. I'll switch to my other computer and try there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks