• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1939 International D-1, 1/2 ton 4x4

70deuce

Not a Dodge from WWII but got a question for the old vehicle experts. Need any info you guys might have on the following. May have found an example of the predecessor to the International M-1-4, the 1/2 ton 4x4 used mostly by the Marines in WWII. No pics yet, didn't have the camera with me but some should follow. Anyways, the truck looks similiar to an M-37, pickup truck with full rounded fenders and a full rounded hardtop. It has M-37 type wheels (5 lug 16" rims). Marmom-Herrington modified the 1939 two wheel drive civilian International D-1 truck into a 4x4 version for the Marines. It appears the following year International produced these trucks in house for the Marines and designated them a M-1-4. If you have the book "US Wheeled Military Vehicles" by Fred Crismon, on page 231 in the 4x4 1/2 ton section, there is a picture of the truck. By the way this book has 470 pages of any US wheeled vehicle you can imagine. Outstanding book.

tamangel

I think this is the truck although classified as a 1939 D-15 4X2 3/4 ton. Think the same truck with a Marmon Herrington 4X4 conversion, 213 C.I., 78 HP motor,a tall, large grill guard. Similar to the '39 GMC ACK-101 and the Dodge T-202..

again, pic on page 231 of crimson's book..

Mike W

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks