• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce part numbers

jollyroger

I would like to thank the people that have done and do research and list part numbers on this web site. It has been a big help to me already. I just bought my first Deuce and it lost some power on the way back to the farm. I wanted to do some P.M. and needed the part numbers for the filters. I got the Napa part numbers from the Resources section and was able to cross reference them to the car quest numbers. I just replaced the Air filter tonight and will do the oil and fuel filters tomorrow. I have some part numbers to add to the resources list but was unable to do so. Then I thought one might have to be an admin on the website to have that capability. Annyhoodle I will post the part numbers I have and some pics of the filters, old and new. O.E. part number is 10912373. Wix replacement number is 42837. Car Quest number is 87837. Handy cam pictures 1 001.jpg

Handy cam pictures 1 004.jpg

Handy cam pictures 1 005.jpg

The new filter looks smaller than the old one but it fits right into the can. Also the top and bottom are metal in the new one instead of rubber like the old one. If anyone wants to post the numbers in the resources section that is fine by me. I will post the oil and fuel filter numbers when I have them installed and sure they are correct. :grin:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to look into the CFM of that air filter. Several replacements have been found but all of them so far have fallen short of the 410 CFM needed for the multifuel to breath. Glad the resource section has been a help.

saddamsnightmare

:-DAugust 13th, 2009.

Jolly Roger:

Between you, I and the wall, I'd hang on to your original air filter element, fy you check the 10 and 20 manuals for the deuce, you will find out that the original 410CFM filters were designed to be washed out and reused. There are sources for the correct air filter other then NAPA or CarQuest, whose units do seem to fall short of the 410CFM capacity specified by the Army, Desert Deuce, White Owl Parts, Memphis Equipment, O.D. Iron and probably JATONKA will be of use here. I replaced mine with NOS unit (military) but found that with careful washing, the original is as serviceable. The PM Magazine put out by the Army tells you how to identify the washable ones from the ones that can't be washed. Someone on here will point you to that in the technical and resource section.
Deuce diesels do really bad things when they can't breathe enough clean intake air....:cry:
Good luck and happy motoring!:razz:

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare"
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog S.404.114 (with new cab top....SWEET!)
1968 Johnsom Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules MEP023A gas gen set.

Last edited:

jollyroger

That is the exact info I was looking for. I don't throw away any MV parts unless they are FUBAR. I still have the O.E. filter in the box. I will wash and reuse as per the maintenamce manual. I will send the Car Quest filter back as it is inadequate. The reason I posted was because the filters were very different when I got them out and compared apples to apples. I just got this deuce and will need more help along the way I am sure. Thank you all. :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks