• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

baby HEMTT update

Jones

Jon, I'll be at Tower Park w/wo. Looking forward to seeing other SS members. Glad to give you a tour.
Jack, Yes to hot-rods. I'm thinking baby HEMTT hi-rider... I've already got the 20" wheels; just need to find some of those 'spinner' wheel covers.
Does 4" exhaust, not quite seven feet from manifold to exhaust flapper, qualify as a 'sound system'; or do I need to start filling the cargo bed with enough speakers to make all the surrounding sheetmetal rattle and hum?

BillIdaho

Man I am impressed!!!!! I wil be at Lodi, with the other Idaho guys. We'll be where we usually are, with all the patches, ribbons, and medals. I sure would like to see the Jones-mobile idle by. I just want to crawl around over and under it and be amazed.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful attention to detail! Good to see that you have such a great outlet for your fabrication skills, every system turns into a project.

Having been there, the images reinforces the memory of the whole truck and the Sacramento Locomotive Works, where you do the machining. :)

What does the battery tray look like? Did you get all the right bulkhead connectors?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just can't get over this thing.

When are you bringing it to Aberdeen? :D

Jones

Bjorn; I posted some pictures of my hold downs in "Battery tray adapters", in the Electrical section. They're machined out of PVC block and grab the Optimas at the bottom. that way there's no top-of-the-battery obstructions for the cables and terminals. And thanks for the compliment; I made the NATO receptacle enclosures (on the truck, everything in red primer is my handiwork); cables slide through grommeted holes in the back to feed the receptacles. All the main battery power is 2/0 cable with crimp on lugs, soldered after the crimp, with glue-lined shrink tubing.
Clinto; Once I have it on the road and have shaken the bugs out of it, I'm gonna be out driving and enjoying it. This ain't a display piece! Only concession may be to haul it to the more distant meets (I'll have more money to play when I get there if I don't spend it all on fuel and linament for my saddle sores).

mangus580

Jones, I would be interested to see your plans for 'removing the dogbone' and such for the slave ports....

Me & kenny have had a discussion about such a thing on our Golf Carts. We want to have 2 12v batts that are wired parallel normally, but can be switched to series (wtih cart off obviously) for jumping something 24v.

Open to input...

mangus580

Awesome!! I just couldnt picture it in my head, and was too lazy to put any more thought into it than that!

rofl

hey, at least I'm honest....

so... it could be done with 3 Knife switches if wanted too

mangus580

Its a great idea... but a little bit more expensive than I wanted...

Looking at maybe doing the same thing with constant duty solenoids for half or quarter of the cost.

Thinking about it, the prime use will probably be my Robo-Wrench, but the ability to slave things will be worthy too.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Baby H is still not complete. The inimitable Mr Jones has recently passed the project on to a new owner, so we'll see what the future brings.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks