• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 factory color

lacoda56

Might be a dumb question, but I've searched and can only find references to camo colors and patterns for the M880. Weren't they painted a solid color from the factory and if so, what shade od was it?

N1265

All the ones I have seen came from dodge Forest Green. I have read ( but can not confirm ) that they also came in OD green. I know all of the build sheets I have seen ( including the one for my truck ) say Forest Green. But at any rate, All came from Dodge a single color and it was up to the company commander to decide if he need his trucks camoed, If he wanted them camo it was usually done by someone at the unit level.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Most were
34079 Lusterless Forest Green

and I'm not positive on the number
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]##### Gloss Forest Green ([/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Marine Corps)
or maybe
24052 Semi-Gloss Forest Green
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
My M890 came from the factory Field Drab, when I got it was wildland fire yellow. It is now back to field drab.

N1265

Maybe I am thinking of Field Drab instead of OD green, I do know the other color had more brown in it than the forest green. I cant remember where I read it from so I can't say for sure...

If you look around the interior of the truck and get lucky, you might find the build sheet. some have been found in the glove box, mine was stuffed in behind the springs on the back portion of the seat.

It will tell you the color the truck was when it came from Dodge.

busbart

I would like to suggest that if you have a look on the inside of the cab, underneath the dash, door covers, or behind the banch, you'll find spots who are never touched by any GI, i like to think that that is mostly the correct factory shade.

good-luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks