• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Canvas Side Flaps on Rubberized vinyl Cargo Cover. What's the purpose?

wvhillbilly

What are canvas sections on the bottom of my rubberized cover for? They are about 2 feet wide and run the entire length and width of my cover. Currently I have them tucked up under the cover between it and the troop seats. My cover is the rubberized vinyl with the rubber rope attached. Any help appreciated.:?:

wvhillbilly

Thank u friends, my assumption was correct. To me, this makes this cover more versatile as this truck is used forr camping, hunting, etc., as well as showing and parading. Should I remove this canvas for historical correctness.....:roll:

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
I have a couple , one is vinyl to canvas and the other is vinyl to vinyl. Mine was a POL trailer

That is historical correct, the Military did that to your MV at some point. Unless you want it factory correct.

Attachments

ARYankee

I have a vinyl canvas that I just acquired. I opened it up and spread it out and found that some of the seams are coming apart. What kind of adhesive would be good to reattach the seams with? I was also wondering where I could get some of the rubber rope so I can secure it. Thanks.

jbingvtx

I have a vinyl canvas that I just acquired. I opened it up and spread it out and found that some of the seams are coming apart. What kind of adhesive would be good to reattach the seams with? I was also wondering where I could get some of the rubber rope so I can secure it. Thanks.
I'm not sure on the seams but search "super rope" on ebay and you will find the bungee cord you need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks