• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Road trip to Alaska

So what do you think of Ferro's Trip?

• I'll convoy with you!

Votes: 34 15.6%
  • Stop by and have a beer when you pass through

Votes: 64 29.4%
  • Good Luck

Votes: 91 41.7%
  • Don't do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferro's lost his #@%^* mind

Votes: 29 13.3%

• Total voters

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
dionmtn:

This is Ferros trip but I invited myself as his co pilot. You would be more than welcome to leave your stuff at my house. I hope this trip comes together as planned. It would be well worth the sore arss and expense for me at least. I`m hoping he waits til 2012 for the funds to build up. The cost of fuel keeps going up so the cash has to be there.

:driver::driver::driver:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sigh,
Yes, as much as I had hoped to go this year, it is just not in the cards right now. With my new business startup, lack of time off saved up at work, and lack of $$$, I will have to push it to next year as Neil suggested.

It is still on though! Just more time to prepare. Looks like the m109 will be getting a winch too, although I may hold off on installing it until AFTER the trip- several hundred pounds of weight saved. I'm hoping we won't need a winch for the trip!

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Making plans for the MVPA ALCAN trip in 2012. The M37 should be back together and road tested. Now I have to find a good M101A1 trailer to haul the "possibles" behind. I think I have most of the parts to finish the rebuild, other than a set of 11.00 X 16 Michelins.

bigmech

I have been there ( Alaska 2 times) I coverd 2,200 miles after we flew there each time. You would need to run in groups there while driving military vehicles so you would have folks around you that know how to work on them. Not many repair shops that are cheap.

davidkroberts

thats awesome ferro, were you planning on jumping in with the ALCAN guys for a portion of the trip. I am going on it maybe we can convoy up to Dawson Creek together since youll be passing close to west tennessee anyway.

blybrook

Just so everyone knows, the current cost of on road diesel in Fairbanks, AK is $4.43 per gallon at one of the local stations, have seen it as low as $4.17. Things are slowly rising.

Good luck to all that drive up here, hope to meet a few of you when you arrive.

Shoprat 19th Engr

Daul voltage Alt.

I would not worry abuot a daul voltage alt. The only thing you need to do is come off the + side of the battery that is grounded to the frame . Put a 60 amp breaker or fuse and run a#0 wire to a new fuse block (you can get this at NAPA or a speed shop and run all of your 12v ass. off the new fuse block.

tm america

I would not worry abuot a daul voltage alt. The only thing you need to do is come off the + side of the battery that is grounded to the frame . Put a 60 amp breaker or fuse and run a#0 wire to a new fuse block (you can get this at NAPA or a speed shop and run all of your 12v ass. off the new fuse.
Hope you got a hook up on cheap batteries and alternative customer you will need them if you run off just the first battery to get 12volts

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks