• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member form Ga.

11b101abn

Hey all,

I'm 11B. I live in NW Ga in the Cartersville area. I found this site while just bumming around on the interwebz.

I am a Veteran of the United States Army, specifically the 3d Infantry Div (MECH) and the 101st ABN(AASLT). I have an undying love for military vehicles, Mother Green taught me how to drive a manual trans on 151's and M35's as well as having been licensed for many during my short, but great career. During my last 2 years in Germany, I was assigned to my Battalion's support PLT and drove 923's and 925's in the cargo section as well as 977's in the POL section.

Anyhoo, I plan on maybe adding a comment here or there, but mostly just soaking in some of the great info on here, with maybe plans for a CUCV purchase in the future.

Thanks,

11B

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad to have you here 11b...it's a good place to hang out and pick fellers brains for MV knowledge.
Between the search function and members knowledge here, no question is left unanswered...MV wise that is.

Again...welcome:-D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Glad to have you here 11b...it's a good place to hang out and pick fellers brains for MV knowledge.
Well....just remember that Papa Bear's brain is slim pickens.rofl

Welcome to the MV Funny Farm.:cookoo:

You need to deep six that CUCV idea a jump right into a deuce.

As a matter of fact I have a couple that need a good, loving home.:mrgreen:

You are very close to several GA members and too close for comfort to the Alabama MV mafia.

There are two events coming up you should really try to attend:

The GA chapter of the Military Vehicle Preservation Association 2008 Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet will be at American Legion Post #201, 201 Wills Road, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004 on the 19th and 20th. See the website: Still Serving America

The location is great, there will be a lot of different MV's there and you will meet some very knowlegeable folks. As stated, they have a big swap meet. If you bring enough money you can go home with an MV:driver:.

SteelSoldier member (and all around good guy) Clinto will host the 2009 Steel Soldiers Georgia Rally on October 22, 23, 24 and 25.
This is the premier SS rally in the southeast and gets better every year.
You can find links to the rally on the site.

There will be convoys headed to it and someone will be glad to give you a ride or lead you there.

Come on in.......the water's fine.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, it looks like everyone beat me to the punch and pretty much demanded this poor guy show up at the rally in October! rofl

Welcome to the site, we'll see you in Union Point!

REGULATOR

welcome,

looks like GA has several folks, I'm fairly new here myself.

I think if I had some land I'd have a Deuce or two myself, but will just stick with my 1009 for now..

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Now really Wreckerman...why would you invite someone to last years MVPA Rally?? Read your post!!!:shock:

And you say my brains are slim pickens??:roll:

Get used to this 11b and REGULATOR - we GA fellers are constantly correcting mistakes made by the East Alabama Clan!!

Again...welcome and thank God you are in Georgia:-D

Last edited:

REGULATOR

I travel a lot toClumbus and yes even AL on my Motorcycle.

lots of buddies down that way... GA ain't that bad, been worse places...

omega231

Now really Wreckerman...why would you invite someone to last years MVPA Rally?? Read your post!!!:shock:

And you say my brains are slim pickens??:roll:

Get used to this 11b and REGULATOR - we GA fellers are constantly correcting mistakes made by the West Alabama Clan!!

Again...welcome and thank God you are in Georgia:-D
might want to read your own there PB. wreckermans East Alabama Clan

Welcome to ya 11b. dont let these guys give you a hard now ya here.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whachu mean OMEGA? I just read it again...says East Alabama. Anyway..anything west of the Chattahoochie River is...well...west of me:roll:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Mea Culpa:doh::doh::doh:

Here is the new poop,

The GAMVPA 2009 Southeastern Fall Rally and Swap Meet will be at American Legion Post #201, 201 Wills Road, Alpharetta, Georgia 30004. See the website: Still Serving America

Swap meet, military vehicle displays, concessions on site. No live guns or ammunition, please.

Contact: Tony Castagno, President GAMVPA; (404) 512-9221; tony.castagno@verticalthought.com or write: GA MVPA, PO Box 464206, Lawrenceville, GA 30042.

Be there or be square.

airmech3839

You guys are aweful!!! Papabear and Wreckerman at it again.....wait I don't think they ever stopped...anyways....welcome.....can't wait to see you at GA rally in Oct.

Thank you for your service!!

Tracy

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Airmech...you aint seen nuthin yet!!! You just GOTTA make the Clinto/GA Rally.

Just imagine Wreckerman running nekid in the woods shouting "DEUCES FOR SALE"!!!
(Well...it could happen)

This Clinto/GA Rally is gonna grow into something folks from all over the states are gonna wanna come to cause ya just can't have that much fun anywhere else!!!

Seriously though...it's just a bunch of good hearted fellers and some wives/girlfriends having some really good fellowship and and slobbering over each others trucks while each person learns something from the other. What could be better.

This is a chance for folks with common interests to get to know each other and put faces to names and just have a good time.

You just can't do this in the city out of respect for other folks and we want to be good citizens and promote our hobby as best we can.

And yes...Wreckerman and I will be at it as usual!!!:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks