• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Again, GL sucks for customer service

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same boat on 4663. Just minutes after the auction was over, I sent the EUC to the Chat fax number, instead of the EUC dept.

The next morning I received a conformation but I am stll showing pending.....

My 4600 is showing Battle Creek for a week and a half.

ncdeerejeep

I was the high bidder on 2 trailers on Aug. 6 event 4573. EUC was sent to GL on Aug.10, GL sent to Battle Creek Aug. 14 and I'm still waiting and after seeing some of the stories on here I DON'T EXPECT TO EVERY GET THEM.

I wonder how much interest GL makes on our money while we wait and then they void the sale. I bet it adds up if you sale an item 2 or 3 times with as much as they have to offer. And I say "OFFER".

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My EUC says "sent to Battle Creek" today for 4663 so I guess I'm in the clear.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I liked it a lot better when they didn't get your money untill the EUC cleared. Atleast that gave them some incentive to speed things up so they could get paid. Now they already have their money so what do they care how long it takes. I would suspect this it the main reason they started taking the money right after the sale. The whole GL terms and conditions is set to have everything in GL's favor and the customer gets screwed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I had a long talk about GL with my congressional aide a few weeks ago...I explained that some of their dealings bordered on fraud and that there are a lot of unhappy customers out there.
She was surprised that one contractor had such a monopoly on the surplus property of the govenment. The part about them taking your money and holding it until they decide to sell you the item really got here attention.
I also explained that GL is shipping property from all over the country to central locations at government expense so they don't have to pay employees at smaller installations.....that got a raised eyebrow.
I think GL may get a poke with a very sharp stick if they don't change their business practices.
We can only hope.:roll:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In most states it's also illegal to not provide a title (or sf97 in the case of government property) at the point of sale. GL seems to get away with it somehow.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup NHD, I specificly asked about the export letter, and was told I didn't need one. We shall see here shortly.

Chief_919

I also explained that GL is shipping property from all over the country to central locations at government expense so they don't have to pay employees at smaller installations.....that got a raised eyebrow.
That one there just smacks of a giant case of fraud, waste and abuse. Spending extra taxpayer funds to reduce the overhead , thus increase profits of a civilian entity does not pass the smell test.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same boat on 4663. Just minutes after the auction was over, I sent the EUC to the Chat fax number, instead of the EUC dept.

The next morning I received a conformation but I am stll showing pending.....

My 4600 is showing Battle Creek for a week and a half.
I guess yesterday was the day to work on 4663 EUCs

Received an email from Brandi late yesterday. My 4663 EUC needed revisions. I forgot to check the box SecII, 1-A. I put "for intended use" but forgot to check the box..................................D'OH!!!

nhdiesel

I think the question begs to be asked...WHY do we need all of this security for purchasing some of these items? I see a few quick issues that pop up, using basic common sense (I know there is very little of it in the govt., and it gets spread very thin) but: 1. If someone who won an auction intended to misuse the item, would they really fill out the EUC honestly? "Intended use: Ship to Iraq for resale at Deuces R Us" and 2. Is a 40 year old truck really a vital part of national security? We aren't even talking about a 60's missile launch system, we are talking about a truck that isn't all that different from a civilian truck (especially when the CUCVs come into play). It isn't that hard to set any older truck up to work in place of a Deuce. I'm sure a foreign power wouldn't have too hard a time setting up their own trucks. More extreme examples are when an EUC is required for items such as transmissions and other parts, that are exactly the same as the civilian models.

Our local State of N.H. Surplus auction has sold several Deuces, no buyer check needed. Show up with the cash and its yours. So this all goes back to the great waste of money and expense, and also the limited income of the govt. because of the hassles. If the bidding process was easier, more people would want this stuff, and would pay more. Bad for us as buyers, but from the govt's standpoint, isn't that the idea?

Jim

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fixed my 4663 EUC this morning, faxed it back and it is now at BC. Talk about service.

Also I just received my Paid In Full for 4600. It's a great day.......

Last edited:

omega231

its luck of the draw when dealing with GL. the are some sites (such as Redstone Arsenal) that are a breeze to deal with. then there are those like creekside ohio where your lucky if they even have your stuff when you arrive to pick it up.

nhdiesel

I'm not so lucky. E-mailed in my export form last night, and faxed it this morning. Waited for a change of status, none, so I tried calling the "direct line" to the guy who handles the export letter, no answer after several tries. I'll try again in a little while, then get back on GL chat. Hopefully I'll get my paid-in-full, considering they've had my money long enough.

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks