• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GMC Model AFKX-352

truckeez

Hi I have whats left of two of these coe's the first was a 2.5 ton afkx-352 that I got the cab from---when I went to pick it up in russelville arkansas -they had cut it behind the cab and just pushed it onto a trailer with a bulldozer--ruining the fenders. I wish I could go back in time and get the 2.5 ton tranz.
second one was a single rear axle afkwx-353 that also was sold off as Govt surplus - im sure from "camp hood" tx and spent its second life pulling a dozer around on a float.

I was not into army surplus then and sold off the axles and transfer case for what I paid for the truck, and put p30 stepvan suspension under the frame.
I made molds off the fenders, upper steps and cowl side panels, and the grill bars. its pretty much impossible to get a title for govt surplus trucks like this -that never had a title. The original frame i might use , perhaps not. might set the cab on a 3.4 ton step van chassis.
i do have 270 parts left-rods pistons. oil pan, front pully ,4 bolt flywheel/clutch / big voltage regulator, and steel fenderwells , bendix hydrovac booster setup and one steel seatback,and a few other bits for someone with one of these rare trucks.
truckeez at the who

Last edited:

Jbush

I am looking for rims for an AFKX. What is the size that can be used. If I cant find military ones what is the civilian size that can be used. Thanks
jaybird929 at the mail.

truckeez

they are the standardized wheels -split rim 20" and used 7.50x20. . there were 5 lug , and there were also 6 lug, if you got 5 lug,,,,,,
its possible to get 19.5 wheels from a 1.5 ton step van that are the 10 lug I have heard on stovebolt-dot com-- wether its a direct bolt up without messing with the lug sizing , I do nort know.

but this is supposed to be a way around the old split rims, which you cant get anyone to work on!#$%$%*~%X!&^&

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks