• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pressurewasher sandblaster attachment

MitchG

Ok I have a few more pics of my setup for those of you who asked. The pic of the tube on the bottom is just a piece of pipe with a hole drilled in the top. The hole is between the plastic tubing and the elbow and acts like a siphon that you see on a large blasting cabinet. If you have any other questions let me know.

One other thing sorry about the spider webs!!!

Attachments

SuperJoe

looks good. thanks. no reason to pull it apart for more pics. how long is the tube under the rig, what size is it; what size hole and how far from one end is it.

also is that the standard hose? it looks longer. what size is the hose

MitchG

Ok Joe here goes, the hose is the standard one that came with the wand. I think it is 50' looks to be 1/2" outside diameter. The pipe at the bottom is a 3/8" pipe nipple that is 4 or 5" long. The size or length really isn't that important as long as your tube will go over the end and you leave enough room for the hole to be uncovered between the tubing and the elbow. I had to mill down one end a little to get the plastic tubing over it. The tank had a 1" elbow already in the bottom so I used reduction bushings to get it down to 3/8". As well as I remember the hole in the pipe nipple was around 1/4". Just make sure that when you put the pipe nipple in that the hole is at the top and it doesn't get covered up when you put the tubing on the end.

SuperJoe

i will give a point to MitchG for being so helpful with the photos. i guess there is only one more thing we have not fully explored. whats the attachment on the end of the gun look like? and when you take the end off to see the nozzle what does it look like down the bore. i am trying to make my own but success is limited due to a design flaw i cannot over come. i need an outside view

conductorx

My waterblaster works great with swimming pool filter sand. I plan to set up a big hopper like MitchG. I didn't have any luck with play sand, it kept clogging the orifice in the gun. The tool is worth every penny I paid for it.

Also much easier to use and protect yourself from the wet sand than the dry stuff.

Gary

conductorx

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm having a B tch of a time getting it to feed. . . maybe the media, not sure, but it won't draw very good out of the bucket with the wand that came with the blaster. . . goes in spurts, then stops feeding till you move siphon wand around in the bucket.

But when it does feed right, it goes pretty fast.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a pressure pot sandblaster, I just don't have a compressor that's really sufficient to push it.

I guess when I get ready, I am just going to rent a diesel compressor for a weekend and go bananas.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did a frame off restoration on a '50 F-1 pickup which required a lot of sandblasting. The best thing I found was a product called "Must For Rust" sold at Home Depot and Ace Hardware for sure. This stuff works great. It comes in a 32oz spray bottle and after you spray it on, it will keep the metal in good condition until you prime it. I had some panels that waited a year before final prep and paint.

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought this attachment but have not used it yet. So far I have been using a siphon feed blaster outside my shop and a cabinet blaster inside for smaller parts. I thing I also do is to take a needle scaler to the really rough areas before blasting and this cuts blasting time and material down significantly.

A couple of things...first, is that regardless of the water mixture I suggest a good mask is always used. Some particles are impossible to see in the air. Second, the pressure washer I have has a handle and metal wand as one unit. The wand plugs into that and make the whole attachment very cumbersome. I am looking for a handle and trigger unit that I can plug the blaster tube in directly making a shorter device.

jesusgatos

I did a frame off restoration on a '50 F-1 pickup which required a lot of sandblasting. The best thing I found was a product called "Must For Rust" sold at Home Depot and Ace Hardware for sure. This stuff works great. It comes in a 32oz spray bottle and after you spray it on, it will keep the metal in good condition until you prime it. I had some panels that waited a year before final prep and paint.
Just had the whole back half of one of my trucks sandblasted so that I could do some work on the rollcage. Applied Must For Rust and wouldn't recommend it. Has rusted just as quickly as untreated bare steel. I'll take a few pics.

Please keep us updated on the model and company that you used. Let us know why you liked or disliked the sprayer. I cant run a blaster off my compressor. I want to use this type of setup . The more info i have the better. One thing to consider , I will be doing this in the cold weather. I wonder how the cold will effect this machine?

jesusgatos

I bought one of the pressure-washer sandblasting attachments, but ended up having all the cab and all the sheetmetal parts for Mah Deuce sandblasted and primed by a professional sandblaster (Agri Trade School in Salinas, CA). Only cost $380 to have them sandblast the whole back half of my Tacoma (rollcage, frame, axle, leafsprings, etc.) twice (first so I could do a bunch of fab work, and then again after I was done) and paint it with Zero Rust - including materials! Really happy with the work these guys are doing for me. Going to drive Mah Deuce down there and have the whole thing sandblasted and painted as soon as I get it all put back together.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks