• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of a brake combination valve

Stihl029

Ok the original P/N was 25515635, which is NSN 2530-01-156-8317. This NSN gives several parts from multiple manufactures.
General Motors Company DBA General Motors: 1257200
Eaton- Aeroquip INC DIV Fluid connector products: 131-80434
Dana Corp Weatherhead DIV : 131-80434
There is one more; listed from a company in Morocco: 2530011568317

The only one I see available is from AVINEX INC (631-847-0262) and they have one.

Stihl029

I use a few sites from the private sector. I have to find NSN's some times for gear that is 10-30 years old with very little to go on when we are DRMOing gear. My favorite site is www.nsn-now.com however they are not always 100 percent up to date, usually Fedlog is so I use multiple sources depending upon whether I am at work, home, or traveling.

ctmustang

or you might try napa. Should be the same as civi. We get these once in a while from napa or different parts houses. May have to wait overnite but what the heyyyyyyyy.

robesetz

combination valve

Southdave,
Did you ever find a combination valve? I think I need to replace mine. I had multiple problems with my brakes and lots of leaks so I replaced my hydro boost, Master cylinder, rotors, calipers, pads and rubber lines. Everything bleed well, clean fluid all around and I have a nice firm pedal, however my passenger side front brakes still drag and got very hot only after about a half of a mile test drive. So I’m thinking I need a combination valve. The problem is I can’t seem to find one for a reasonable price. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

southdave

got mine from a company out of NC, belive it or not. I bought this one from them because it is dual use for rear disk or drums. Great support from the the company. send me a PM and I send you contact info this weekend. BTW 1t was about 128 bucks shipped about the same if not cheaper than OEM part

four_by_ken

I do believe you are talking about a proportioning valve?

If so, they do not make them new anymore. You will need to find a good used one for an exact replacement.

Otherwise the adjustable ones you can get through aftermarket shops will work fine.

robesetz

I would call it a proportioning valve also but the -20 calls it a combination valve. Rumor has it that It does a little more then a run of the mill proportioning valve. Reguardless of what its called I still need one! Thanks.

NMC_EXP

In need of brake combination valve
The GM part number trail ends at p/n 1257200. GM no longer stocks it.

NAPA and OReilly do not have it.

Found a viable source for this and a lot of obsolete brake parts:

Inline Tube - Preformed Stainless & OEM Brake Line Sets

Company called Inline Tube out of Michigan.

Per Mark in tech help the replacement for an 86 K5 Blazer is p/n VCT-105. The part is in stock.

Price is $85

Valve body is brass.

Ordered one today. Got my fingers crossed - I'm running out of things to replace to correct a front brake drag problem.

Regards

Jim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks