• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New guy from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Rgdl

I have been poking around SteelSoldiers for a few days now and there's a lot of great information here.

I'm 41 and have been into 4x4s my whole life. I currently own a LWB Suzuki Samurai w/ a 3.8L Buick V6 amongst many other mods. I also have a Unimog 404. My Daily-driver is a 2004 F-250 Powerstroke with a 6" lift and 37" tires.

I have one stupid newbie question regarding the M35A2. Are both rear axles driving axles, or is only one driving and the other for weight support only?

JohnnyReb

Hi. Welcome to the site.
I am from Georgia but have land in Dauphin and Swan River, so I am somewhat familar with your area.....

Both rear axles are drive axles.... Generally one set of wheels will pull on each axle with the opposite wheel pulling on the other axle...

How is the weather up there? Heard it was a rainy spring/summer.....

Rgdl

Hi. Welcome to the site.
I am from Georgia but have land in Dauphin and Swan River, so I am somewhat familar with your area.....

Both rear axles are drive axles.... Generally one set of wheels will pull on each axle with the opposite wheel pulling on the other axle...

How is the weather up there? Heard it was a rainy spring/summer.....

Thanks for the reply.

How often do you get up here?

Spring & summer were cold and wet. Worst summer I've ever seen here. But so far September has been warm and sunny. The weather the last two weeks has been absolutely beautiful. It almost makes up for the lousy summer we had.

Just curious......what led you to Manitoba, and to decide to buy land here?

Next time you come up can you bring me a Deuce?:-D

WPNS421

Hey RGDL welcome to the site, good to have another Cdn on the site, don't tell our cousins to the south be we are taking over. There are quite a few members in the Ont area. We have M35s , M109A3 and Cdn MLVWs.

tedstrucks

My wife is from Kenora / Lake of the Woods. She lived in Winnepeg for many years. We go up every summer (at least until her mother sells the cabin). WONDERFUL place to be in the summer. Not so great in the winter.....

Rgdl

also in Winnipeg bud .. You may have seen me driving my M35 around lately... also have an M1009 blazer in OD
Hey Davin, it's Ray. I'm still trying to find time to come check out your Deuce.

Welcome to the site! Tons of info and ideas on this site for sure.
Are you Scott in Blaine with the trucks for sale? If so we have chatted.

My wife is from Kenora / Lake of the Woods. She lived in Winnepeg for many years. We go up every summer (at least until her mother sells the cabin). WONDERFUL place to be in the summer. Not so great in the winter.....
Yes, Kenora/Lake of the Woods is a nice area. Winters are beautiful there too. You just have to embrace the cold weather.:p

charlietango

Ted I have one of your trucks. your wife is a charm to deal with. Mark Anderson told me you guys visit from time to time. would like to meet you next time you are up here. Ray (rgdl) is looking for a rig. maybe an 818, maybe an M35. do you know if the Alabama notary of public transport still issues that paper defeating the need for a title for vehicles 1975 or older? if so you can sell him one. if they cracked down on that well nuts to them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks