• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haul a running deuce from Kublo's in Brackney, PA to Wilton, NH

Carl_in_NH

Howdy, folks. Looking for quotes to haul a street ready running deuce from Ken Kublo's in Brackney, PA, to Wilton - in south central New Hampshire. No hurry - just want to get it up here when possible. Work schedule demands make it impossible to recover myself until much later.

Only issue might be needing ramps for a street level unload on our cul-de-sac.

Thanks!

supermechanic

I have fond memories , driving my newly aquired m-51 to my home in Pennsylvania.
Truck was purchased from DRMS at Fort Drum, Ny.
What a ride.
Why would you deny yourself an event that may become engraved upon the back of your mind till your very last day?

Carl_in_NH

Good question. Just too darn busy to get away from work for a couple days to do a recovery. When can I get away? Probably when there's plenty of snow on the ground. I'd like to get the truck here sooner.

MVs are fun, but the paying job sometimes places demands on us that don't allow for much - if any - free time to enjoy MVs - or anything else, for that matter.

My company is introducing a new product - and prototype bring-up, hardware validation, and some software development are underway right now. That means for the forseeable future, my work weeks are 7 days long. Just no time to recover a truck at the moment - and doing it during the winter takes the fun right out of it.

drdstny

Banned
I can pick it up and get it to to Jersey, maybe SW corner of CT if someone can pick it up from there.

I'm also willing to store it on private property if it's currently on base or something. Come get it Whenever.

PM me with a zip code and I'll see if this is something I can do for gas money.

drdstny

Banned
Oh holy cow, I just looked. Are you SERIOUS? This has to be a joke, right? It's a 5 hour drive. I've driven farther than that for a burrito!

$1,000, and I'll be making a killing. Saturday delivery, pick a Saturday. Except this Saturday: Alredneck is delivering (among other things) the thing I need to deliver your truck. :)

Seriously, you should be able to find someone who can do it for like $500-$750. If not, you have my card. :)

Carl_in_NH

Thanks drdstny and sirmrtow. It's not a long haul at all - some 300 miles, and while that's a short run in a modern vehicle, it's probably closer to more than 6 hours in a deuce in traffic. There's also the chance of breakdown - and I just don't have the time to be hung up on the road for an extra day if something happens - not at this stage of things. Cost of a large wrecker would also make the price of trucking it here seem cheap - if something were to happen - but my primary issue is time that I can't afford to be away at the moment. I agree - this should be somewhere around $500 or a little more for the distance involved, and the current fuel prices.

I'd rather pick up the truck and drive it back myself, but that's not in the cards at this point. Sometimes you've got lots of time and no money, and other times you've got a few dollars but no time to complete a task. This recovery falls into the latter case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks