• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new hagglunds bv206 owner

tatra813

I just picked up a 1989 haaglunds bv206 with a 6 cyl mercedes diesel. Anyone have any technical books, operational manual or workshop manual. Just trying to get prepared for any future issues.

Any help is appreciated.

I have several Canadian manuals - ie. maintenance, modifications, data info and parts. They are all however electronic files and may be a problem sending such large files to an e-mail account. I would have to check the size of the larger ones to see how much could be sent. I believe the vehicles (US/Canadian) are reletively the same as one of the manuals is a TM that Canada used for reference material.

tatra813

I'm curious to know which specific engine? Like an OM603 or a larger 352? Congrats on the purchase!

Engine is a Mercedes om603 turbo diesel. It is in transit to me now I should see it Friday and then I will post some pics. Ive been wanting one for a long time and I was lucky enough for my wife to ok this purchase for my Birthday coming up.

tatra813

ok here you go. The exterior has been rhino coated, Ill give more details when I get it Friday. Im still learning myself about these things

Attachments

tatra813

I have several Canadian manuals - ie. maintenance, modifications, data info and parts. They are all however electronic files and may be a problem sending such large files to an e-mail account. I would have to check the size of the larger ones to see how much could be sent. I believe the vehicles (US/Canadian) are reletively the same as one of the manuals is a TM that Canada used for reference material.
I would appreciate a copy if you can figure a way to do it?..THANKS!

SixSpeed

Banned
Engine is a Mercedes om603 turbo diesel. It is in transit to me now I should see it Friday and then I will post some pics. Ive been wanting one for a long time and I was lucky enough for my wife to ok this purchase for my Birthday coming up.
Very cool! The OM603 is an awesome engine. I have experience with them from dealing with Mercedes' cars.

70deuce

Dean, see you found a real nice one. I have a bunch of info on these things that I will gather up and forward you. Start here at a free link to to a downloadable Operators Manual, TM-9-2359-272-10. Just tried to download it and it still works. Link is http://www.bv206.eu/manuals/User Manual BV206 DIESEL.pdf

Also this link BV 206 is the link the above one came off of. Appears to be a Hagglunds website. Good info here. I need to find the Hagglunds email address I have that I sent my serial number to requesting any info they may have on my unit. They responded back with exact manufacture date and where it was delivered to off the assembly line. Mine, Dec 21, 1988 and it was delivered to the Norweigan Defense Forces. How it got here they did not know. They also sent US contact info who was an office in Maryland. Anyways I'll see what I can round up. Someone really put a nice interior in yours. The military versions are very sparce inside. No padding like yours. Check the interior pics shown here. They are a blast. Stay off gravel roads and away from small rocks. They really wear down the drive sprockets and can chip the rubber on the road wheels and even tear a track if the rocks get in the wrong spot. And watch side ways on hills in the snow. They tend to slide sideways and get stuck believe it or not. They slide off the packed down track you leave and bottom out (high center). Had to use my deuce to pull mine out. Was driving it in the deep snow right off a paved road. You can take any angle hill straight on like you wouldn't believe. Low range it and it will pretty much go straight up. In low range it will pull a buried Explorer (greeen one) out like it was hard pavement.

Phil

Attachments

duncan

Hey T813, you once again own the cake! Lovely pics!
My mate is looking to buy a 206 and a trailer so I can use my 813 to haul it around when needed. Looking to be a multiple-year plan though. Then here you show up with the goods, basterd :roll: Do share all manuals you manage to get your hands on, itll be needed this side of the big pond some day!

tatra813

Dean, see you found a real nice one. I have a bunch of info on these things that I will gather up and forward you. Start here at a free link to to a downloadable Operators Manual, TM-9-2359-272-10. Just tried to download it and it still works. Link is http://www.bv206.eu/manuals/User Manual BV206 DIESEL.pdf

Also this link BV 206 is the link the above one came off of. Appears to be a Hagglunds website. Good info here. I need to find the Hagglunds email address I have that I sent my serial number to requesting any info they may have on my unit. They responded back with exact manufacture date and where it was delivered to off the assembly line. Mine, Dec 21, 1988 and it was delivered to the Norweigan Defense Forces. How it got here they did not know. They also sent US contact info who was an office in Maryland. Anyways I'll see what I can round up. Someone really put a nice interior in yours. The military versions are very sparce inside. No padding like yours. Check the interior pics shown here. They are a blast. Stay off gravel roads and away from small rocks. They really wear down the drive sprockets and can chip the rubber on the road wheels and even tear a track if the rocks get in the wrong spot. And watch side ways on hills in the snow. They tend to slide sideways and get stuck believe it or not. They slide off the packed down track you leave and bottom out (high center). Had to use my deuce to pull mine out. Was driving it in the deep snow right off a paved road. You can take any angle hill straight on like you wouldn't believe. Low range it and it will pretty much go straight up. In low range it will pull a buried Explorer (greeen one) out like it was hard pavement.

Phil
Thanks alot for the pics and the driving info!! I was wandering how it did in the snow etc. Do you feel comfortable going out in deep snow without getting stuck. Now I feel like I better put on a winch just in case.
How does it do in deep snow when you arnt on a hill. I know my snowmobile gets stuck all the time but its easy to get unstuck.

Unfortunatly I have lots of grave roads around me. Got any more driving tips?

Thanks again.
Dean

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks