• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new hagglunds bv206 owner

70deuce

Dean, the deeper the better when it comes to snow with this thing. It won't get stuck on level snow. Real deep powder is no problem with it all!! Just makes for a bigger snow dust ball behind you. I have never come close to getting stuck on level ground. It leaves about a 5 inch impression in even the softest snow. Going staight up or down a hill the same. If its too steep and its hard to find too steep with this thing it will just start spinning a tread. Just back down through you same tracks. NEVER trying turning aorund on an incline!! Like I said it will slide sideways on you. You've got of track area under you and that what keeps you on top of the snow. But they ack like a taboggan on a slide slope. I have made a winch adapter for the round tow mount up front. Its a plug in adapter. Its in there for pulling others out. I'll send pics. I am still gathering up all the info up I have on 206's. Here is a link to a very important source for you. Its to CHQ software a TM on CD company. This link is the the M973 (BV206) TM's on CD. Most if not all TM's for the US Army or US Marine 206's are on CD. I need to check but I think I have most of the US Army or US Marine manuals on CD for this. 24.95$, not to bad. M973 SERIES SMALL UNIT SUPPORT VEHICLE (SUSV) - CHQ Military Manuals, Army Manual, DOD Standards, Handbooks, Flight Manuals and Publications I hope this is still a good link. Stills comes up. There are a few US parts suppliers if I remember right and I will get all that to you. Here is another link. It is to Safety One who is a company who deals with BVs and snowcats. They have some BV parts. They are just 15 miles from my house. More to follow.

Phil

tatra813

Dean, the deeper the better when it comes to snow with this thing. It won't get stuck on level snow. Real deep powder is no problem with it all!! Just makes for a bigger snow dust ball behind you. I have never come close to getting stuck on level ground. It leaves about a 5 inch impression in even the softest snow. Going staight up or down a hill the same. If its too steep and its hard to find too steep with this thing it will just start spinning a tread. Just back down through you same tracks. NEVER trying turning aorund on an incline!! Like I said it will slide sideways on you. You've got of track area under you and that what keeps you on top of the snow. But they ack like a taboggan on a slide slope. I have made a winch adapter for the round tow mount up front. Its a plug in adapter. Its in there for pulling others out. I'll send pics. I am still gathering up all the info up I have on 206's. Here is a link to a very important source for you. Its to CHQ software a TM on CD company. This link is the the M973 (BV206) TM's on CD. Most if not all TM's for the US Army or US Marine 206's are on CD. I need to check but I think I have most of the US Army or US Marine manuals on CD for this. 24.95$, not to bad. M973 SERIES SMALL UNIT SUPPORT VEHICLE (SUSV) - CHQ Military Manuals, Army Manual, DOD Standards, Handbooks, Flight Manuals and Publications I hope this is still a good link. Stills comes up. There are a few US parts suppliers if I remember right and I will get all that to you. Here is another link. It is to Safety One who is a company who deals with BVs and snowcats. They have some BV parts. They are just 15 miles from my house. More to follow.

Phil
Once again great info and its much appreciated!. Look forward to the winch pics.
Dean

ACtech

Technical manuals

I may be able to help you find a technical manual. Which one are you looking for? Parts book, maintenance manual, technical manual, Operator manual, Lubrication orders? If you are looking for custom parts and tooling, check out www.campest.ca. let me know about the manual.
ACtech.

tatra813

I may be able to help you find a technical manual. Which one are you looking for? Parts book, maintenance manual, technical manual, Operator manual, Lubrication orders? If you are looking for custom parts and tooling, check out www.campest.ca. let me know about the manual.
ACtech.
Thanks the vehicle ended up coming with all themanuals.

ke6iyc

Hi all,

I am in quasi-desperate need of a wiring diagram for the ignition control system on the -206's.

These are Swedish versions, btw.

Plz reply direct to ke6iyc(at)mac(dot)com

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Wnednarb

Hey guys, Does anyone have a current link or copy of a TM handy? I would love to get my hands on a complete TM, but I m in the immediate need for a U-joint part number or NSN. I am looking for prop shaft U-joints (there are 2 in each prop shaft, not sure if they are different or the same.)

Wnednarb

Both units are powered. The engine, trans, and transfer case are in the first car and a driveshaft goes to a diff in the rear car. Steering is hydraulic cylinders between cars.

snowtrac nome

I have the full manual set in pdf on my hard drive with 17 years in the ak ng in maintenance I have a little experience with them. they aren't my first choice when it comes to snow cats. the foot print is a little heavy they are a good all terrain machine. if you have questions about it you can call me 907 434 0692.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tatra that is a mighty nice looking one and from all my research the Benz diesel engine the the one to get from both a reliability and cost of ownership stand point. One of these day I keep telling myself I need one of these but some years we have tons of snow then the next year we have none then it just sits not getting used at all. Tatra where do you have to go for parts in the states? Its a beautiful vehicle and a big congrats on your purchase!!
Karl

Tarek

Technical manuals

ACtech.

Hello,

I was wondering if you still have access to the M973 SUSV Manuals. I have purchased a few in the past, which were supposed to be a full set, yet none contains wiring diagrams or schematics. So I was wondering if you, or anyone else have the full set.

Here's what I currently have:

TM 9-2350-272-10 Operator's Manual
TM 9-2350-272-20 Technical Manual
TM 9-2350-272-24P Technical Manual
TM 9-2350-272-34 Technical Manual

Would you happen to have an other manual than those, especially one with wiring diagram info?

Thanks in advance,
Tarek

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello,

I was wondering if you still have access to the M973 SUSV Manuals. I have purchased a few in the past, which were supposed to be a full set, yet none contains wiring diagrams or schematics. So I was wondering if you, or anyone else have the full set.

Would you happen to have an other manual than those, especially one with wiring diagram info?

Thanks in advance,
Tarek
I think I may have gotten "rooked" on these downloads, but here is what I found. Maybe @Guyfang has access to the real SUSV TM's?

1661566133450.png

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a good line on a 206 a number of years ago and didnt commit to it soon enough and it was sold, have always wanted and admired them! I live in ND and as you might expect we get lots of snow in the winter and it has been known to get chilly at times -20 to -30 for a few weeks at a time does get old! A few years ago the Moorhead and Fargo sheriff departments both got BV 206s to use for rescuing people who got themselves stuck out in blizzards my understanding is they love them because of their reliability and their ability to handle some very extreme snow conditions and unfortunately I think they get a fair amount of use in the winters!

Guyfang

Staff member
Hello,

Thanks in advance,
Tarek
If you got the same TM's as Mullaney, you got rooked too. I looked in my stuff, and do not have them. Will keep an eye out.

Tarek

If you got the same TM's as Mullaney, you got rooked too. I looked in my stuff, and do not have them. Will keep an eye out.

I have actually since found a wiring diagram in mine. But apparently my vehicle is a later version than the manuals. It is equipped with electric solenoid valves for the external fuel tank; both supply and return lines. They're functional, but getting power from the harness. All documentation shows a manual on/off, not electric. And so I'm chasing wiring to resolve the issue, until I find diagrams covering the vehicles with that "option".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks