• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WTH, Found a tank today.

saddamsnightmare

September 19th, 2009.

Dear Frodo Baggins:

Beyond it's being "International Talk Like a Pirate Day", you, sir, have located the ultimate lawn ornament!:-D There are brothers on here having trouble with their neighbors and with inane City ordinance that won't permit a deuce to be kept. While, you, have found the ultimate in humble the troublemakers, heavy duty, O.D. Iron from the Vietnam War Era.
I know guys that will probably trade you their wives, kids and house to get their mits on an M-60! Here I was thinking a guy over in Post Oak with about forty assorted MV's and an M102 Howitzer to tow behind jhis deuce had it all. You, sir, If you can devise a way to come up with a consortium of Steel Soldiers to free this item from its duress, stand well up on becoming a King of the Military Vehicle Collectors, right up there with the Gropenfueher himself, Awwwwnold, who has one from the Austrian Army.
Just let me say that BullDogMack13 will be contemplating what he can trade you for this, but as for myself,:not worthy:

Cheers, oh most ingenious ring bearer....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Besides, what's not to like about 2 gallons of diesel per mile????

Last edited:

dabtl

If you spend a lot of money on the recovery, you will just be out a lot of money on the recovery.

Those have never been released to civilians. Never. It belongs to Uncle Sam who will 'recover' it from you.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you spend a lot of money on the recovery, you will just be out a lot of money on the recovery.

Those have never been released to civilians. Never. It belongs to Uncle Sam who will 'recover' it from you.
The markings on the tank show MISS NG.

I have seen this one somewhere on the internet for sale. I believe it is in Texas.
I found the link.

http://www.m60a1mainbattletank.mypicgallery.com/

Attachments

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
September 19th, 2009.

Dear Frodo Baggins:

Beyond it's being "International Talk Like a Pirate Day", you, sir, have located the ultimate lawn ornament!:-D There are brothers on here having trouble with their neighbors and with inane City ordinance that won't permit a deuce to be kept. While, you, have found the ultimate in humble the troublemakers, heavy duty, O.D. Iron from the Vietnam War Era.
I know guys that will probably trade you their wives, kids and house to get their mits on an M-60! Here I was thinking a guy over in Post Oak with about forty assorted MV's and an M102 Howitzer to tow behind jhis deuce had it all. You, sir, If you can devise a way to come up with a consortium of Steel Soldiers to free this item from its duress, stand well up on becoming a King of the Military Vehicle Collectors, right up there with the Gropenfueher himself, Awwwwnold, who has one from the Austrian Army.
Just let me say that BullDogMack13 will be contemplating what he can trade you for this, but as for myself,:not worthy:

Cheers, oh most ingenious ring bearer....

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan:-D

Besides, what's not to like about 2 gallons of diesel per mile????
:ditto:Dang! I wish I could throw as much BS as tactfully as SaddamsNightmare can:!: Spoken like a True Texan. That was so well written it should qualify for an Academy Award nomination, too.

jwaller

I also know a man in atlanta who has a M-60 MBT. legally.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would be very sure it was released correctly before I spent a penny on that. I am guessing that it probably belongs to a city or VFW/Legion and thus still belongs to the govt. You would probably spend quite a bit of cash only to have the govt take it back when it was completed.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Interested, for damn sure. Can afford it, no frickin' way. (I think)
Did you take pics of the interior? I see it is all opened up, The TC's cupola and loaders hatch, even the drivers hatch is open. With the gun to the rear you can climb right down into the drivers seat. The M60 should have the "go-cart" steering control instead of the T-bar steering control.

Pic of a M60A1 drivers compartment with T-bar steering control.

Attachments

Last edited:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
you already have...;-)
I'm curious about how you got those aerial photos. I tried looking up NAPA stores in Frodo's area in Google Earth, but the imagery in that area was too low-res to make out vehicles.

Anyway, cool find, Frodo! I'm drooling over that tank! :drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks