• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 M-37 axle question

dcbrown

I'm new at this and am hoping you experts can help me. I broke the right rear (shorter) axle on my Dodge, 1953 M-37, 3/4 ton truck. Long axles seem to be plentiful, but I am having no luck with the shorter one. I've tried several of the leading M-37 suppliers that are found on the net. Does anyone know where I could find one? Thanks so much.
Chris

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try Vintage Power Wagon, in Iowa. As you have learned, axles are not real strong. If there is ever a question of traction, or the need for more, put it in 4wd. Good luck

Lee in Alaska

dcbrown

Thanks Rosco

Actually, I was simply starting out from a stop sign in clear, dry weather. I was turning right, as I gave it gas and the axle just snapped. I have no idea why, and I was driving very slow. But, it's problems like this that allow me to chat with folks like you, and learn more about the truck. I am sincerely thankful for you taking the time to write. I did try those guys and no luck. I'm chasing a couple more leads, but I'm intrigued as to why the long side axle is so plentiful, but the short side can't be found? That's curious. I'll keep looking and maybe someone on here will come up with the source that has one! Thanks
Chris

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks