• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Very Short WB deuce or 5ton.

mudguppy

Saw this one today on Craigs List...
i know the posts following these pics are very derogatory, but it looks functional as hel to me. i'd add lockers and hydro steering, but looks like a very capable ranch / recovery truck.

seems as though anytime someone chops up a truck folks get there panties wadded up because it's "unoriginal." why don't you guys get upset when a ford or dodge gets chopped up for ranch work like this one did?

personally, i wouldn't own this truck, but i can respect the purpose and functionality that it appears to be modified for.

that's something this site definitely lacks.

DMgunn

I just wonder about the title of the thread on Pirate where that pic was found.......:roll:

"My homemade Unicat clone is finally finished!"

Or?

shannondeese

I like the shortend look. I think I'll try it on my next deuce with the HMMWV ambulance body. So I'll still have the 6x6 look and functionality along with having a small camper as my bed. Not a bad deal in my book. High angle driveline is making my shafts for my current bobbed deuce. Maybe he can make one that will survive under a shortened deuce too.

DMgunn

Don't kill me, but I'd like to see a HMMVEE ambulance body on a G506. Just visualizing it, seems like the rounded cab would look "right". 'Course, it'd have to have a few other changes to make it look right, namely in the wheel/tire area...

LibTimothy

I was just wondering why this thread was moved to the "MO OK AR KS TX Rally" area?

I'm confused. Does this mean we are planning a road trip because of this truck????

Timothy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks