• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any TX legal issues with lift blocks on...

dallasfromdallas

a bobbed deuce, the back of which was built with 105 springs? I'm thinking of buying one and don't want any issues when I try to go get it tagged. Anyone know? Thanks.

wehring

Lift Blocks

No legal concerns with rear lift blocks. The spring wrap you will get from the mechanical advantage the blocks causes is another story.

I have some bobbers with front springs in the rear (no blocks). If you have never driven a bobber, take a drive down and we will run them around (on road, off road, etc) so will be better informed. I also have power steering on some of them... excellent addition.

Justin Wehring
Houston
979 997 3112

dallasfromdallas

Thanks for the reply, Justin. What is the "spring wrap" that might be caused by such a setup? Please forgive the ignorance. I'm pretty green in this area.

ETA: for clarity

dk8019

Spring Wrap, or Axle Wrap as I've always heard it called, is when the axle changes it's angle of attack if you will when view from the driveshaft viewpoint. The axle angles down or perhaps up because of the soft over the axle springs, and the driveshaft may or may not be able to handle this change, resulting is something in the driveline breaking. Now in regards to bobbed Deuce's I can't speak to the particulars, but this is the basic idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks