• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100's of trucks at GL

JeepMan

Last year, there was some postings about GL seeking a bidder that would be able to inventory 100's of trucks at one time. There was quite a discussion on this topic and GL even posted special bid forms for thes sales.
Did anything ever become of this topic??
We don't see or have heard of anyone with hundreds of trucks to sell.
As a side bar note, I'm really surprised that GL takes the time to sell one truck at a time. Remember the stories of years past of having to buy "a hunnert" jeeps at a time in a lot at $50.00 each or Dodges or CCKW's or M151's etc.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The only mass sales I have seen is of "residue vehicles" which means that GL considers them in too bad of shape to sell one at a time.
I was involved in the purchase of over 200 vehicles from Camp Shelby last year.
Everything went fairly smooth paperwork wise.
The GL folks at Shelby did a great job of allowing us to preview and assisting in getting them off post.
I am no longer affiliated with the organization that did the purchase so I can't tell you what the status of the vehicles is.

M1075

The only mass sales I have seen is of "residue vehicles" which means that GL considers them in too bad of shape to sell one at a time.
I was involved in the purchase of over 200 vehicles from Camp Shelby last year.
Everything went fairly smooth paperwork wise.
The GL folks at Shelby did a great job of allowing us to preview and assisting in getting them off post.
I am no longer affiliated with the organization that did the purchase so I can't tell you what the status of the vehicles is.
The group that purchased the big lot at Camp Shelby was thought to be Warrior Patriot Resources, an alleged non-profit group. It might have also been their profit driven affiliate named Claims Reporting LLC. Either way, they got a ton of vehicles and intended to fix them up for resale. It seemed like they had good intentions and a good opportunity to make some serious cash.

They must have run into some financial problems, because they have stopped paying their bills. They owe me and several others. Jackson Fulgham and William Wahrmund were the ones running the operation, but both men seem to be hiding out now and I can't reach either one. I sure hope they can get things turned around and get caught up on their debts. I thought they were honorable men, but I now regret extending them a line of credit.

*Update 11/13/09* It took nearly 4 months, but I got paid today from WPR! They seem to be genuinely interested in paying off their outstanding obligations.

Last edited:

exbrown

There may be an opportunity to purchase these vehicles from the investors to recoup some of their money. If anyone has a way to contact them, let me know. I will be willing to talk to them and put together a group to make a purchase. Anyone else interested?

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trucks are still sitting in a yard at Camp Shelby's south gate. When I passed about a month ago, the gate was closed and a sign was up looking for mechanics. The gate is open sometimes and closed sometimes when I pass by. From a distance, it looks like most of the trucks are good for parts and scrap, but some might run. Swapping parts from other donor trucks, I'm sure a good number could hit the road again.

They really had a good purpose and a plan, that somehow is falling short.

JeepMan

And to think that most of these residue trucks are from depot level where they don't want to buy new parts so they remove parts off of trucks to rebuild others.
Probably, or just supposing, the residue trucks were probably good running trucks just in the "wrong place at the wrong time".

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it wasn't 200 trucks, but in July, someone bought 24 trucks at one time out of Annville, PA. Another person bought 13-15 in the same auction.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have personally seen those trucks in the back lot... non of those trucks that i seen had any water damage. they had missing parts from the army scavengers... on another hand.. i did talk to a man up near shelby that had many trucks down the road that he would like to get rid of.. seams like 7 or so years ago a man bought those trucks up and brought them to his pasture but never paid him for hauling them out.. and he never came and got anything.. i do have his phone number somewhere and he told he he would sell off what he could .

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting titles for those trucks could be a hassle. I think you can get a bond title in MS, but I don't think that option is available in LA.

It might be worth picking up one as a parts donor, tho.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks