Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: M135 Cdn MRT Rebuild The Beginnings...

Thanks

Thanks for the update!
    Keep it coming!!

Hope you can manage to remove some of that paint overspray w/o destroying the silkscreen on those data plates!

Do it SLOWLY & take photos as you attempt to remove the paint, JUST IN CASE you have to get repros made.
    -Bear-
    catia_bear@yahoo.com
    "Bruised Bollocks Racing"
    '46 Willys CJ2A Jeep
    '52 GMC XM211 Deuce & 1/2
    '53 Willys M38-A1 Jeep
    '67 Kaiser M715 Jeep 5/4 Ton
    '71 GPD M35A2 Deuce & 1/2 w Winch
    Custom Jeep/Chevy IROC Rock-Crawler
    '95 AMG Hummer H1
    & WAY TOO MANY British Sports Cars!

11th Sept 2001
    Never Forget How You Felt That Day!
    DO NOT Allow History To Repeat Itself!

& To All Those Who Have Sacrificed In Defense Of Our Freedoms I Say, "THANK YOU! & God Bless You!"

Thanks

Nice truck.
    Ham call N1zpy http://www.4x4ham.com
    1970 M35a2w/w Whistler turbo
    Bobbed by beaubeau (Now the wifes)
    1970 M35A2 wo/w Whistler turbo USAF
    M105a2
    DJ
    [10:22:58] patracy: I'm not gay
    [10:23:10] patracy: after the 7th or 8th time, I realized it just wasn't for me.

Thanks

Quick update-

Found and brought home another M135 for a parts truck. Like a moron I forgot to bring the camera this time out. Still messing about trying to inventory what is and isnt there between the three I have now.

If anyone has a line on the following big items please feel free to give me a shout-

Winch assembly, front bumpers, radiators and the usual fuel tanks. Speaking of fuel tanks. For the time and effort it takes to 'refresh' an old one (as long as the metal is still sound) has anyone here had them made back to original specs?

Do they still make 11:00 x 20 NDT tires? This has started to become an obsession and I've just barely started turning wrenches!

Today is a proud day for me in my MV Life. While underneath the truck removing the front propellor shaft from the transfer case the wrench let loose and I gave it one helluva right hook!

I havent screamed like that since I was audited by our infamous Revenue Canada! Two chopped up knuckles later I have come to the realization that my existing tools just don't cut it. Time to upsize and upgrade LOL!

The truck.....it didn't budge, if it wasn't for the barely noticable smudge marks in 40+ yr old grease you wouldn't even know I was under there.............and subsequently paying off my 9 yr old son to not tell his mother any of the 'enhanced' applications of the english language
    1952 GMC M135 CDN w/w
    1952 GMC M135 CDN M.R.T
    1956 GMC M135 CDN w/w
    1956 GMC M135 CDN Parts Truck
    1942 Universal Carrier Mk I*

Thanks

Yes the pto is rare as hens teeth. They are around but you have to search possibly a tanker or M215 if you are lucky to find one. I have a pump off a five ton that would probalbly work. The M215 and the 5 tonners were simular underneath, the bodies are different. And abt the camo scheme, I dont think that is original to that era truck. It would look good though.Keep us posted. Thanks for the pics. I own a M211 which is same drivetrain and cab. Good luck.

Thanks

Default Knuckle buster

Quote Originally Posted by Seatyger View Post
    Quick update-

Found and brought home another M135 for a parts truck. Like a moron I forgot to bring the camera this time out. Still messing about trying to inventory what is and isnt there between the three I have now.

If anyone has a line on the following big items please feel free to give me a shout-

Winch assembly, front bumpers, radiators and the usual fuel tanks. Speaking of fuel tanks. For the time and effort it takes to 'refresh' an old one (as long as the metal is still sound) has anyone here had them made back to original specs?

Do they still make 11:00 x 20 NDT tires? This has started to become an obsession and I've just barely started turning wrenches!

Today is a proud day for me in my MV Life. While underneath the truck removing the front propellor shaft from the transfer case the wrench let loose and I gave it one helluva right hook!

I havent screamed like that since I was audited by our infamous Revenue Canada! Two chopped up knuckles later I have come to the realization that my existing tools just don't cut it. Time to upsize and upgrade LOL!

The truck.....it didn't budge, if it wasn't for the barely noticable smudge marks in 40+ yr old grease you wouldn't even know I was under there.............and subsequently paying off my 9 yr old son to not tell his mother any of the 'enhanced' applications of the english language
    Join the busted knuckle club it;s the first but not the last time. If you look in the engine compartment you will see the fuel pump mounted on the fender. When I got it the pump was connected to a jerry can on the steps.

Private
    Thanks

Excellent score on getting that truck. 6x6, bed and picker...almost perfect. Exactly what I would be looking for personally.

Thanks

If you like the M135 w/Hiab I will have a MLVW w Hiab for sale very soon. See avatar

Private
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WPNS421 View Post
    If you like the M135 w/Hiab I will have a MLVW w Hiab for sale very soon. See avatar
    PM sent

MVPA
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,351 Posts

Seatyger they still make 11x20 NDT'S or least Wallace wade still sells them www.wallacewade.com . I lucked out at a fram auction last fall and got 7 nos ones for $20 ea for my M135 and before you ask 7 was all that were there. How about some updated pic's, really wish they would have made the MRT down here.
    HMIC of BEEFCO Industries world wide.

Thanks

Jim If you need tires I have a wack of them, they were removed from my M35 and M109 mounted on the rim $200. I have 10 -12 if not more they are in the snow Gilles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast