• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Window Not Rolling Up or Down Smoothly

niferous

Ok I know rear window problems have been covered, and I did search, but I'm not finding the answer to my question. First off how smoothly is the rear window supposed to roll up and down? I just had the glass replaced and when I went to crank the window down it does move but it seems like it's getting caught and then the cranks pops a little and it start rolling again. However while it is moving it takes a lot of work to do so. The glass place actually did a crappy job and left all the shattered glass in the tailgate so I went ahead and popped off the plate to get it out. I went ahead and rolled the window up with the door slightly ajar and then used a saw horse to rest the glass on with the tailgate down. Anyway the glass wasn't too bad to get out with a shop vac. I checked the gears and they looked really good with no rust and I can't see any missing teeth. I checked the channels that the window runs in and they looked good too. I went ahead and sprayed some lubricant on the channels and the gears hoping maybe everything was a little dry. Well it didn't seem to really help. The window is still hard to crank and still seems to get a little stuck and then starts moving again.

I'm thinking that this is the little clutch or the regulator or both on the window. I can see the clutch having one of those ears broken therefore I'm only getting have the turning power out of it. I went ahead and tried to roll up the window a little with the plate off and the regulators seems to be working fine.

Any help or past experiences would be appreciated.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep the clutch. Best to replace it. Suggest reviewing the -20 and it'll lead you through the process on tearing it apart and then you can get to the bottom line problem. I suspect it will come out in pieces. LMC truck is the place I went and got mine. The crank handle they sell ain't worth crap but the other parts have held up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks