• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HELP.... I think it's wired backwards

4bogginchevys

I just bought this m1008:), had alt issue from start. I paid a small fortune for alt, with isolated ground(drivers side)and still no charge, no gen 1 light or anything. Some info i printed out from other threads suggests that the pass side alt is the one with isolated ground......by the way, truck starts well with batteries charged and atleast one batt dies in only 15 minutes with no lights or accessories on. the bad alt also tested that the stator was burned up.:x

I have the wiring diagram for charging circuits E-10, but it does not show isolated ground on only 1 alt, or it doesn't show at all...tough to tell for the wiring challenged!:!:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Originally both alternators are isolated ground(same part numbers). Only the passenger side(rear battery) alternator NEEDS to be Isolated ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks