• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Towing A M105 Trailer?

gunboy1656

Friend runs a construction company so I called him up and asked him if he had something, he asked about the weight. He said yeah the backhoe should be able to lift it out, bring it over. I got there and 10 minutes later it was on the ground. Another 2 hours of talking and I was home.

45FMJoe

if it helps, I loosened the nut all the way until it hit the crossmember in the back, and then turned it a bit more to put pressure on the bolt. Then I took two chisels, and started at the point behind the lunette ring using the chisels to lever against the connection point. Hammered them, turned nut. Little of both until the ring/bolt worked free. Good Luck!
I tried the loosen the nut trick and use it for pressure, got nowhere! I might have to try your chisel idea. [thumbzup]

DesertDog1991

Towing M105 with F150 Super crew 4x2

Any info would be much appreciated on this. Would it be ok to tow M105 with a Ford F150 Supercrew 4x2, would there be any issue?
Yes you can tow with no air.... Although without air you will have no trailer brakes - assuming they'd even work.

Same lunette / pintle.

You should be good to go.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any info would be much appreciated on this. Would it be ok to tow M105 with a Ford F150 Supercrew 4x2, would there be any issue?

I tow mine with a Dodge 1500 4x4. The trailer is heavy, won't tow level without modifications to hitch or trailer and the biggie, no brakes at all. I can run 70 but not anywhere there is a lot of traffic to cut you off.

Short tow would be fine with a 150.

Last edited:

DesertDog1991

Thanks for the info. Tow hitch will be elevated to somewhat level out? Did you see the pictures of the guy who towed one with a bronco? That cracked me up.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I towed a 105 from Montgomery, Al to Columbia, SC with an F-150. Trailer was nose down the whole way, with the magnetic lights sitting on the lowered tailgate (which would have been level if the front would let it). 60 mph on the interstate all the way.

gargabri

Jim, I am going to try this with 2 I won from GL on the 19th..... Did you put something in the rack holes to join the 2 trailers?
I have seen this done before but they took the tires off to keep the center of gravity lower.
Thanks for the post..... I thought I was crazy to try this after reading some of the other post......

Gary

wsmith350

I picked my m105a2 today and drove about 60 miles home with absolutely no issues. I have a 2011 silverado 4.3 v6. I spun the lunnette and only sat about 4 inches too low. with bows and canvas in place, and no brakes i didn't even know it was behind me...save for the vibration from the **** near brand new 9x20 military treads on it. Tires still have the mold marks on them.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks