• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Georgia really

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you go to the durhamtown web site which is in the 09 rally thread, click on directions and it gives directions several ways depending on where you are coming from.:wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Pardon me for being old fashioned since I don't have a GPS... I did not see any real driving directions on the '09 GA rally thread. How do I get there? What Interstate or Highway to take? You know, some basic info...

Colonel,

I left driving directions out for a couple of reasons. I put a link to Durhamtown's website, hoping people would call them.

I just looked at their website and it appears they have updated it. See here:

Directions

One, many people would be coming from a lot of different directions.

Two, this place is out in the boonies! There aren't many turns to take, but you have to take right ones or you may never be seen again! Their website actually has the following disclaimer:

DO NOT USE MAPQUEST OR YAHOO MAPS
They will lead you in directions unknown to man...
Here is what they have listed on their site:

From Atlanta, GA:

We Recommend the following route from Atlanta:
From I-20 East, Take Exit 130 to Greensboro. Take a left off of the exit (light) 2 MILES
At the 1st traffic light in Downtown Greensboro, take a right. Take a left at the next traffic light (The old Hardees building will be on your right)
Follow straight for 11 miles through the Penfield Community into Woodville. In Woodville at the caution light, go straight (crossing over Hwy 77 in Woodville.) PEACHTREE STREET
Continue on the main road for 3.3 miles to the stop sign. ( Please note: 1.5 miles bear right in curve) At the 4-way stop, take a left onto Randolph Church Rd and go 3.5 miles, Durhamtown will be on your right.

From Augusta, GA:
I-20 West to Crawfordville (Hwy 22) Exit, take a right go APPROX 7 miles to Hwy 44. At the 4 WAY, turn left. Go 3.3 miles to Randolph Church Road (1st paved road on right at the bottom of the hill), go 2 miles lodge is on the left.

From Athens, GA:
Take Hwy 15 South towards Greensboro - Cross Oconee River Bridge (Iron Horse). Take 2nd Left (Macedonia Road). Go 6 miles - Dead End on Hwy 77 in Maxey's, GA. Turn right and go 5 miles to Woodville. Turn left at caution light Peachtree Street , go 1.5 miles and bear right around sharp curve. At the stop sign, take a left on to Randolph Church Road. Go 3.5 miles and the Lodge is on the right.

From South Carolina (I-85):
Take I-85 South to the first exit inside the GA line (Hartwell) and follow Hwy 77 all the way through Hartwell, Elberton, Lexington and into Woodville. Turn left at caution light in Woodville and go 1.5 miles you bear right)in the curve. At the 4-way stop sign, take a left on to Randolph Church Road. Go 3.5 miles and the Lodge is on the right.

From EASTERN FLORIDA:
I-95N to Savannah, GA to I-16W to Hwy 15N thru Sparta. Go right on Hwy 22 for 25mi. to Hwy 44 . At the 4-way take a left. Take Hwy 44 for 3 miles and turn right on Randolph Church Rd. DP is 2 miles on left.

From CENTRAL FLORIDA:
I-75N to Macon to I-16 toward Savannah. Exit on Hwy 129 (Gray Hwy) and go north to Gray. Take left to Eatonton. In the square at Eatonton take right onto Hwy 44 to Greensboro. In downtown Greensboro, take a right at the 1st light and a left at the next traffic light. (An old Hardees building will be on the right.) Go 11 miles to caution light at Woodville. Continue straight on Peachtree street for 1.5 miles, you will bear right in the curve, go 3 miles to the 4-way stop sign, turn left onto Randolph Church Road. go 3 miles Durhamtown will be on your right.

For Help Call: 706-486-4603

I am going to add this to main thread, but definitely, make sure you know where you are going when coming to the rally, as cell reception is spotty at best! So calling them before you leave and verifying your travel route is advised!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From Augusta, GA (Along I-20 westbound), it is exit 148 which puts you on Hwy 22. That is about 54 miles from the Savannah River and South Carolina and about 110 miles from my house.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks