• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I wonder why they pulled all the m35a2s

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay guys this is the semi-official word that I got today when I picked up one of my deuces.

I asked the yard manager (Rod, who I trust a great deal) what was going on with the pulled trucks. He said he hadn't heard anything about them but would check while I got my truck going. He came down later and said he called the Central DRMO and spoke with a friend who told him that this sale, and THIS SALE ONLY (4573) (for now) was being reclassified as Demil Code F Requires Mutilation. He said the reason was they were averaging about $800 per lot on the trucks and with the salvage contract they just signed they were going to get $0.12-$0.13 per pound - or about $1750 per lot (give or take depending on the equipment and amount of fuel in the tank:grin:). Again this was for the sale that was just pulled ONLY. But if they more than double their average sale price on this go around you can pretty much figure that's what the future holds.

Again, I trust Rod as a straight shooter and don't doubt the information he got one bit, but it's just what one person told another and then told me. If the Mods want to shoot me as a rumor mongerer fire away but I thought everyone deserved to know.

Rod is also the Mutilation Inspector for much of TX and they told him exactl;y what points on the frame had to be cut so they do indeed intend to destroy them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rumor mongerer
Naw, you done good!

Fact, backed with facts, as told to you from someone you trust. That's the way it should be done! Thank you for your input!:wink:

greenjeepster

That does not explain why 30 trucks vanished from sale 4737 and are in transit to a new location! If this is a contract disposal you can bet that the contractor is hoping it carries on. If we just bought the last of the m35s we made very good investments:-D

dittle

The inventory was scheduled to run out by the end of this year anyway so its getting close no matter how it happens. By that I mean the A2 were supposed to be surplused by the end of the year of '09.

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I wonder if the starting bid price will equal the scrap value of each item. Just imagine deuces starting at 1700 and 5 tons at 3000. They just took the fun out of making those 150 dollar starting bids to monitor bid prices and who is bidding and on what. Face it fellas, our truck values just went up!!! Well maybe just GL prices went up.

dittle

Definitely.

Still no explanation for why other people are getting repo letters.
Only 1 has a repo letter. The other 2 guys posted the contents of their letters from GSA about payment and removal and how GSA is going to start enforcing it harder.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm certainly glad I just bought 2 more. I'll probably hang on to them for a couple of sale cycles to verify if any more are going to be released before I start offering them for sale at around $20k a piece ;-)(well isn't that what some yard-bird has them on eBay for?)

greenjeepster

I also got the GSA letter today and I have never bought anything from them. I also don't currently have a truck in my possession so it is just something they are sending to everybody on their mailing list.

JCKnife

I also got the GSA letter today and I have never bought anything from them. I also don't currently have a truck in my possession so it is just something they are sending to everybody on their mailing list.
I'm sorry what is this letter? Has it been discussed in this thread?

greenjeepster

I'm sorry what is this letter? Has it been discussed in this thread?
It was mentioned earlier, it is just a letter that basically states to read and familiarize ourselves prior to bidding with the terms of use for the GSA site in regards to buying, paying and changes in code status.

Do you have an account with them?
I do have an account with them, but have never bid on anything.

The letter received was word for word what was put up on here earlier, but mine was from GSA and not GL. I think it was mentioned that some had come from GL.

Chief_919

I have a hard time beliving GL has the authority to change the demil code for an item.

In fact, I know they can't.

If they start selling items under the wrong demil code, then the IG and our Congressmen need to get involved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks