• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Anybody mount a snow plow on their deuce?

61sleepercab

Just do not end up like the Ohio DOT, one unit ordered cab over single axle dump trucks, another unit ordered monster front mounted snow plows.... when mounted the plows pulled the rear axle off the ground and if the trucks were loaded to keep the rears down then they were overweight. Mark

Motormd

Would a deuce and a half pull a snowmobile trail grooming drag? The drag weighs a few thousand pounds and has multiple blades to cut moguls and flatten the trial. Just wondering if deuces have enough traction as A 6x6 or if it would work better as a bobbed 4x4. Or are deuces not effective trying to churn thru snow. Are differential lockers available and how much would that help. Chains? Just looking for opinions.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chains would help. They have open differentials. Lockers are an option that is available. I wouldn't use stock tires unless great tread and were aired down, without chains. No stock power steering. Would suggest weight in the bed. Bobbed would improve turn radius, loose a drive axle.

What do you normally use?

Now back to the snow plow on a deuce thread.........................LOL

Last edited:

davidb56

11x20 tires on the rears do Not allow for clearance at the trunion for tri-bar chains. I have to run singles on the outside wheels. Turning is a chore in tight areas under 50 feet of radius.

ToddJK

I did find this video. While it's not a plow video, does show the mounting system it has. Not a solution to how it raises and lowers, but I did request that he would do a video going over the mounting system and how it operated. We will see if that comes out or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks