• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenjeepster

I would totally send them a certified letter that states that their request will be processed in 45-60; after 60 days in the request is not processed the request will be canceled:p

But in the mean time prepare to return the truck and start shopping for a new one.

mdog

The problem is the govt. does not even want the truck, they just don't want the public to have it either. It will probably be used for target practice or scrapped or allowed to rust into the ground. Just another example of good govt.

1qwkgoat

I would follow the rules of the EUC and other forms you signed. Which is why you kept the information of the friend you sold it to, that just had to have it after he saw it, and offered you a price you couldn't turn down. You've already spent the money he gave you for it, so you can't reimburse him. So you talked to him and he said, he would work them on returning it for the price he paid you for it.;-)

M135CDN

The other possibility is that you could appear to roll over and have the truck all ready for GL too pick up. Remember not every one is pleased with what they find when they arrive to pick up their new purchase. Tires , engines, cab fittings, transmissions and other consumables may not be that hard to replace with junk parts. It wouldn't be the first time the picture didn't match the truck. You bought it as is where is, they get it back the same way.
It is nice to think there is a way to fight GL and an EUC, but it isn't a fair fight. So don't poke the bear and maybe it might make for an easier time when you bid on the next truck.

greenjeepster

I have to agree with Bruce, im pretty sure that you have to give it back now because all this info is in there hands now. aua
He has to give it back regardless of what we post on an open forum, That is what was contracted in the sale. There is no recourse here. The truck must go back.

It wouldn't hurt to see if only the parts that are causing the code change can be returned, but I would not hold out much hope. When we all signed up we checked the box that said "I accept the terms and conditions"

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
If the thread goes to crap , delete it. I doubt there investigating you right as we speak so just delete the 1st post and goodbye.

Relax , dont worry , it might blow over- Jay

TIGERFANS2

dittle

DEMILITARIZATION INTEGRITY CODE is 0 at the moment 0DEMIL CODE REVIEWED BY DCMO. RECOMMENDED DEMIL CODE AND CURRENT ICP DEMIL CODE ARE NOT EQUAL. PRESENTLY IN COLLABORATION CYCLE.

Guess it means they're reviewing it

powerhouseduece

He has to give it back regardless of what we post on an open forum, That is what was contracted in the sale. There is no recourse here. The truck must go back.

It wouldn't hurt to see if only the parts that are causing the code change can be returned, but I would not hold out much hope. When we all signed up we checked the box that said "I accept the terms and conditions"

I know what your saying and agree with you. But the deal is he posted it in a open fourm and people started talking about switching VIN's and ripping the truck apart or hiding the the truck.

Now, if people wouldent have started talking about all that or he wouldent have posted about the FED's wanted the truck back, he could have already worked up a excuse or something. If it were me I wouldent have posted anything about it, and would have been selling parts cheap. You have to remember, as soon as you give the truck back, chances are your never going to see it again. If you try to hide it or "sell" it, your never going to be able to title it again! They will just come right back for it. Damange is done, send the truck back ;-):-(

Good luck to you and hope everything works out for the best!

stumps

Any idea of what item on that truck is causing the code to be changed around?
It is very unlikely that they will tell you. It could be something as simple as that particular truck was involved in a program that was classified. In which case, they could be concerned about any of the painted over lettering, custom wiring, oddly placed vents, or filters, ... seemingly innocuous stuff. They might also have mislaid something special that was signed out to that truck, and are wondering if if it got left attached to the truck.

GL has a lot of problem with demil codes that are changed after the sale. In the electronic test equipment sales, many items, that are available to anybody commercially, require EUC's because of what they were originally used for. In some cases, the demil codes were changed because a particular instrument was listed in a TM somewhere as being needed for setting up a fighter jet's avionics package, and some country we sold those jets to, but now wish we hadn't (Iran), needs that equipment for maintaining their jets (and we want their jets to remain grounded).

If the OP's instrument maintenance truck was called out in some TM as being part of a mobile maintenance kit for maintaining some restricted device, it could be being recalled just because it is listed in the TM for that device.

The OP is going to have to give his truck back. He signed an EUC saying he would if just this thing happened. Anything posted in this thread isn't going to change that. They will give him back what he paid, his buyer's premium, and any tax. And they will also reimburse him for reasonable shipping costs, both ways. He might be able to negotiate compensation for repairs, paint, or other documented things he did to the truck, but I kind of doubt it.

-Chuck

greenjeepster

I hope that everything everybody has posted on the topic in regards to hiding, parting out, or selling as fast as possible was all in Jest.

The OP needs to keep in mind that we can post what ever we want, but if he follows any of our advice that is suggesting doing something other than returning the truck, that he will be the one prosecuted, not us.

He started this post I believe to see if anybody has ever been able to keep a truck after the code was changed and the truck requested returned. I am pretty sure that the answer is no, but I would stall as long as possible, because the code may be reviewed and changed again before he gets the truck back, but if they send a deadline date to have the truck back by, make sure it is there by then.

Savage Sam

To answer a few of the questions:
I was notified by e-mail.
The code change may have something to do with the Instrumentation Repair Van body on the truck. I'm not sure.

If they want the truck back, I'll let them have it. Too sell it, scrap it, part it out or do otherwise would be dishonest.

Our military has gone to war and many a good man or woman has died to right the worng and injustice in the world we live. The least I can do is do the right thing and let them have the truck if they decide to follow through with their request.

I was hopeing to find others who have had requests to give back their trucks and what they may have done to keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks