• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfdog

Well even if you buy your truck from a private sale you still might have to give it back. They will go to the guy that bought the truck from GL and he will say he sold it to you. They will then find you and take the truck back. The real question is will they pay you what you gave for the truck or will they only pay the amount it sold for through GL? I tend to think they will only pay what the original purchase price was and whatever over that you paid would be lost. This could turn into a big mess if they try and take back trucks that have passed through 2 or more hands.
I'd like to see them try to do this.

The 2nd or 3rd purchaser did not have any contract with GL that would require them to surrender the vehicle. If GL or DRMO wants the vehicle back they will need to pay whatever the (non-orginal GL) purchaser has into it, and ask very nicely to get the truck back because that purchaser will have valid title to the vehicle that would be upheld by almost any court of law.

TexAndy

I'd like to see them try to do this.

The 2nd or 3rd purchaser did not have any contract with GL that would require them to surrender the vehicle. If GL or DRMO wants the vehicle back they will need to pay whatever the (non-orginal GL) purchaser has into it, and ask very nicely to get the truck back because that purchaser will have valid title to the vehicle that would be upheld by almost any court of law.

GL wouldn't be the ones taking the truck back from the second or third purchaser.

The Federal government would. And they will get it if they know you have it and they want it.

Westex

Betcha a U.S. Distict Court Judge could stop it. But it won't come to that because none of this is going to happen. Because even if the threat were levelled at us, we will band together. Right? Right. Work on your truck, enjoy them, they will be ours forever. This will pass, as it's just a snafu.

TexAndy

Betcha a U.S. Distict Court Judge could stop it. But it won't come to that because none of this is going to happen. Because even if the threat were levelled at us, we will band together. Right? Right. Work on your truck, enjoy them, they will be ours forever. This will pass, as it's just a snafu.
Stop the executive branch from seizing property? On what grounds would he do so?

gunboy1656

I know this whole situation is just a hiccup in our play toys, it happens off and on. It will happen again. But has anyone contacted the MVPA and have them throw some weight into the matter?

Since they say they like to help.

nhdiesel

But only with just compensation which you can negotiate.
rofl

Please refer to a previous post I made in this thread about my friend who was offered a choice of taking $125k for a home and property which the house along cost over $150k, home and property were evaluated by the town at $200k, and he owed almost $200k on (new house, actual market value well over $200k). OR he could take $80k for the property and towards having the home moved, which he took, and actual cost was almost $200k for a new piece of property and the house move.

Negotiate? They offered, reminded him they were getting the property, and he could either accept or refuse...either way he was off the property. And this was only the state, not the fed. govt.

Go ask some of the people who had homes taken and leveled to make way for endangered species, natl. parks, etc. how much they got.

There was a large chain store in Maine that lost their property by eminent domain when the city wanted the property. They were offered about 1.4 what the assessed value was. Take it or leave it. Guess who won in court? NOT the store.

They aren't going to bat an eye over taking a truck. IF they actually want and intend to take the truck.

Jim

greenjeepster

Another example is my wife's family farm in Vermont. When I-89 went through in the 50s they offered her grandfather 1500.00 an acre for the land the interstate would be taken up. He refused because the town had a meeting and everybody was going to hold out for a higher offer. The bulldozers just started rolling through and everybody ran back to take there 1500.00 an acre.

The constitution says the government can't take private property without just compensation. But the courts decide what "just" is.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I see we went back to arguing based on speculations, again. :roll:

Please stay on topic or start your own useful threads. ;-)

Savage Sam originally posted this,

GL notified me that the demilitarization code for a M185A3 Instrumentation Shop Van that I purchased in February 2009 was changed from DTID to DEMIL "F". The change was made after the sale. Now they want it back. What can I do to keep the Duece?

212 posts later, and you guys are arguing about land/eminent domain? He wanted to keep his truck, not his house....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks