• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been watching this thread get hyped up and go off the deep end all day! WOW!

How many of you actually spoke with GL today? Why post speculation?

Some of you had better reread the bidding agreement that you agreed to, before you bid again.

Let's try posting some facts that will help with this situation.

http://www.govliquidation.com/terms.html

DEMIL CODE CHANGES – RETURN OF RESTRICTED PROPERTY ( top )
  • In the event that DRMS changes a Demil Code or determines that an item offered for sale by GL may not be sold, or must be sold with restrictions, GL may withdraw the item from sale or place additional restrictions on the sale at any time prior to the removal of the item by the Buyer. The Buyer will be limited in remedy to a refund of the purchase price and cancellation of the sale.
  • Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, or are otherwise determined to be restricted by DRMS, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any documented transportation costs incurred by you. If you have already transferred the property to another party, you agree to provide the name and contact information of that party to the Department of Defense or other federal government agency charged with the investigation of the transfer or recovery of the property. Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use-Certificates upon any Demil Code change may constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from bidding in future GL or U.S. Government sales, and we reserve the right to suspend your participation without providing you any additional notice or warning.
  • In the event that a Buyer is requested to return property subsequently determined by the DRMS to be restricted, Buyer understands that any certification to GL regarding what has been returned will be forwarded to the Government and be the basis for determining any refund due the Buyer. If you falsely claim a refund for property you have not returned to DRMS, you may be liable under the False Claims Act, 18 U.S.C. §287. Included with the request to return property, you will receive contact information for Fast Track Logistics, who will be responsible for returning the property to the Government at no cost to the Buyer.
  • Buyers who are deemed by the DRMS to be "uncooperative" with attempts to recover property may be denied access to future sales events at the discretion of the DRMS.

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who did you call?

I was given a clear and reasonable answer when I called my local GL rep!!!

And stick that popcorn where the sun don't shine! You Popcorn Nazi!

Bobert

GL notified me that the demilitarization code for a M185A3 Instrumentation Shop Van that I purchased in February 2009 was changed from DTID to DEMIL "F". The change was made after the sale. Now they want it back. What can I do to keep the Duece?
This wasn't a message from the GL Nigerian branch was it?

I am still waiting on my lottery winnings...

All of that hope and change must be kicking in.:-D

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Called my local rep, Tom Armstrong at Holloman AFB, he had no clue as to the why, he even said he hoped it wasn't true because he just sold 3 M35's out of Dona Ana Base Camp. . .

ranchhopper

I checked my EUC status this morning for the M35 I won on the last auction in frankfort it said submission of EUC pending when I got home a while ago it has changed to sent to battle creek.I would imagine if GL were told to put them on hold mine wouldnt have been upgraded to sent to battle creek I would just pop open a cold one and wait it out there is nothing we as the "little guy" can do about it anyways.

stumps

I've been watching this thread get hyped up and go off the deep end all day! WOW!

How many of you actually spoke with GL today? Why post speculation?
How many need to? You have already told us that the withdrawn deuces were withdrawn for a review of their Demil "Q" classification.

And I checked Defense Logistic Information Service and found that all deuces are currently in flux because they have lost their Demil "Q" classification, and are being reviewed.

And one of our fine members has received a letter recalling his deuce, due to a Demil "Q" classification change to "F".

Speculation comes naturally... It's what we do.

-Chuck

EO2NMCB

1. Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, or are otherwise determined to be restricted by DRMS, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any documented transportation costs incurred by you. If you have already transferred the property to another party, you agree to provide the name and contact information of that party to the Department of Defense or other federal government agency charged with the investigation of the transfer or recovery of the property. Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use-Certificates upon any Demil Code change may constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from bidding in future GL or U.S. Government sales, and we reserve the right to suspend your participation without providing you any additional notice or warning.
  2. Buyers who are deemed by the DRMS to be "uncooperative" with attempts to recover property may be denied access to future sales events at the discretion of the DRMS.
Now I'm no lawer, (but I play one on the CB radio) they way that the terms read, if you don't turn said item back in, the worse is that you can not buy from GL or DRMO any more.:?:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now I'm no lawer, (but I play one on the CB radio) they way that the terms read, if you don't turn said item back in, the worse is that you can not buy from GL or DRMO any more.:?:

You're right, that's probably the worst GL can do to you. The GOV can do A LOT more.

Business as usual here, until there is actually something to worry about.

greenjeepster

I checked my EUC status this morning for the M35 I won on the last auction in frankfort it said submission of EUC pending when I got home a while ago it has changed to sent to battle creek.I would imagine if GL were told to put them on hold mine wouldnt have been upgraded to sent to battle creek I would just pop open a cold one and wait it out there is nothing we as the "little guy" can do about it anyways.
I agree that there is nothing to be done, but wait it out, but it really sucks that several members have been refunded money lately because their EUCs went over 60 day, a few others are quickly approaching 60 days and at the very least I have tied up a few grand for the next two months and will not get a truck out of it in the end.

Like Heidi said this morning GL is going to carry on business as usual until they are told otherwise. They will continue to send them on to Battle Creek, but I think that until this code status is changes they will not get any farther than Battle Creek.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked on my EUC. It took 2 days from submission to GL to Sent to BC. Been there a week now. I'm not so concerned about the 2 I have sitting at Ft Sam as I am about the 2 in my driveway. But as has been said, it is what it is. If I have to give them back I won't be happy but I will do it.

ARYankee

I wouldn't worry. Like stated earlier it's a reactionary thing from GL. I work for a govt contractor and we do the same thing. Something happens, we react, show how we are investigating, what the outcome is, and what we are going to do to prevent it from happening again. They are doing what they have stated in their procedures and contract with the govt. Now I'm not defending GL but just trying to calm the speculation. I'm just going to sit back and see what happens. Then I'll react :)

Nonotagain

1. Items sold by us, which are changed to a Demil Code status of other than B or Q from Demil Codes A, B or Q, or are otherwise determined to be restricted by DRMS, must be returned by you to the nearest DRMS facility, and you will be reimbursed for the purchase price and any documented transportation costs incurred by you. ... Your failure to cooperate in returning these items, providing contact information of transferees or completing and submitting End-Use-Certificates upon any Demil Code change may constitute grounds for suspension of your account and prohibition from bidding in future GL or U.S. Government sales, and we reserve the right to suspend your participation without providing you any additional notice or warning.
  2. Buyers who are deemed by the DRMS to be "uncooperative" with attempts to recover property may be denied access to future sales events at the discretion of the DRMS.
My question about being required to turn in a vehicle once Uncle Sugar wants it back is: What if I have completely rebuilt the vehicle, installed new tires and wheels then repainted the vehicle? How do you assign a price for these services or parts?

Nothing in the above quoted paragraph addresses improvements that you performed while the truck was under your control.

A run of the mill M35a2 sells for around $2k. A bobbed M35a2 sells for around $9k.

There are additional costs that need to be addressed as well as I won't relinquish anything until we come to a financial agreement and the check is in my hands.

I don't trust GL or the Government to do the right thing and pay me for the true value, in this case the truck.

Since a vehicle title has been issued, the whole affair would slowly wind its way through the courts. The title is not issued conditionally; it means that you own the vehicle.

frodobaggins

many of us having EUCs stuck at BC for an excessive time (and I mean many of us, for a very long time, even though they aren't our first EUCs), and this last piece of the puzzle- wanting a truck back.
Lots of people have had their eucs approved and trucks recovered while you were waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks