• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V-100 with M134 Minigun

B3.3T

While at least a few M-706E1's had Miniguns mounted in their turret, such as "Feelin' Groovy", there is now evidence of top mounted Miniguns, too. This You Tube Gun Truck footage has one at the range shooting at 8:33. Pretty cool footage of a lot of famous Gun Truck. Great range footage for sure.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7U71KZEJw&feature=related[/media]

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool video. I'm not sure about the recoil force of that minigun, but I know a guy who was a truck driver in Vietnam and he drove everything with wheels. He told me that when someone started lighting up the jungle with a .50 cal off of one side of his V100, it was all he could do to keep it from forcing him off the other side of the road. I'd imagine the minigun was at least a smoother force, as opposed to an M2...

Driver523

I have Both these videos, the first one was made by Paul Blosser who has now passed from the effects of agent orange, one of the finest men I have had the pleasure to meet, thats Eric Freeman with the head set on, the truck is the Untouchable, you'll also see Brutus in some shots---Larry Dahl recieved the medel of Honor from a ambush up in Mang Yang pass on it, there's a lot of neat stuff in these videos, again in the first one the fireing range is Cha Rang valley and if you watch Steppin Wolf real close you can see the can drop out of the tray when he has run a box through the 50---The second video starts at the wrecker, this is all 523rd stuff--the video was takin by Steven Summers thats him opening the 50 on the Eve of Destruction, I know so many of these guys and quite a few of them come to the Gatherings, the guy with the dog is Richard Downard again one of our brothers that left this world far too soon, that shot was on the Ace of Spades, and the V with the mini and Uncle Meat working out was the fireing range up north at Vandergrift--------nothin like a 5 ton rockin from 4 50s--------Driver

B3.3T

Neat pic. For those that don't know, that photo is ID'ed as being at Ubon air base in northern Thailand near the Laotian border. E2's provided air base security there and in Vietnam.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks