• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happens when you mix an M-818 with ideas peppered with too much testosterone?

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did NOT need to see this:evil:. NOW something else I want to build. My exact words were "thats f**ken cool" just great man :beer:I
I know many of you have done calculations for many things to come up with projected road speeds and such but what should this do for spped... Here is where I am at. I need a military truck to pull my M24 tank and other related. I have a WWII semi trailer that was designed to be towed with a dolly not a fifth wheel truck. So I wanted to build...buy... modify an MV that has decent road speed for 200 miles trips. So I go down so many paths of what to do:roll:
Right now I am thinking a M915 or M916 and strech it and put a M109 or cargo body on the back. That way the road speed and big engine are taken care of.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rear axles are full air. 33' front to rear. And YES, turning may be a challenge, but thankfully the power steering works good. I thought about swapping the rears out with the tandems from the 818, but the rears on the MK-17 are RALLY beefy, and the suspension is absolutely awesome With an empty weight in the 35,000# range, I feel better about having full air brakes back there. Next week, I'll get the electrical hooked up, braking system functional, and scrounge up a PTO system to operate the boom. Still trying to decide on a paint scheme, but have plenty of time for that.

eldgenb

Could you get a hemmtt front axle and replace it on the truck?
Finding a Hemmtt front end would be crazy, but on a certain yet very common to us auction site there were quite a few 900 series front axles with air etc that might be a better match, don't know what the ratio's are but air non the less.

snakeater

I am in deep lust for sure. When the trend is to cut down to a bobber you make a land yacht. I love it. Definately a two parking spac-er! Where do the quad fifties mount? Oh wait that's my fantasy.......... I need some alone time now------snakeater

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's why my project is top secret. But I love what you are building. enough room for camping and ATVs and guns and whiskey and a generator and a big screen with stadium seating.

M1075

Super sweet looking rig! You need to consider buying my Cummins 400/Allison 5 speed combo to move it down the road.

Kjb2007

Banned
400 cummins/ allison would be heck of a combo. Wish had the funds for a setup like that to have sitting around.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got all the brakes and hydraulics hooked up. Still working the front end gear ratio issue. At least I can play with it now and work on the cosmetics. By the way, the wife says I have to start charging admission to view this thread. Something about no work and all play.....

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks