• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35a3 air intake on an m35a2?

DEUCE1209

hi guys. This is my first post so i'm kinda winging it. i have an m35a2 and after reading a post here, i want to change the air intake "mushroom" so it is upright like an umbrella. that way it won't suck in snow or rain this winter. i've recently viewed an m35a2 with an a3 intake on it and it looks sharp. my question is this. would that intake function correctly on the a2 and does anyone know where to get a3 intakes. thanks for your help.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome to the site. Do you mean intake as in, air filter? I doubt the Cat intake would work on a multi. Anyway, there are some A3 air filters in the classifieds, I think.

DEUCE1209

gimpyrobb,
thanks for the welcome and the advise. i won't waste my time with an a3 air intake. 73x, thats cool. i'll try to do that. thank you all for the help.

Srjeeper

Measure the length of the mushroom cap on your truck to get an idea, but I believe you would not want much less than 4" leg length.

Nelson is the company that makes most truck exhaust parts, Part # NEL 89094A - $22.00.

www.ryderfleetproducts.com

Last edited:

73X

gimpyrobb,
thanks for the welcome and the advise. i won't waste my time with an a3 air intake. 73x, thats cool. i'll try to do that. thank you all for the help.
Just let me know if I can help with anything. The mount that holds the intake tube is a mount that is made at my job and I have more if you need one I will send it if you cover the ride for it. Good luck, Ron

saddamsnightmare

October 29th, 2009.

Deuce1209:

You can get a 90* 4" elbow from NAPA as standard exhaust fitting will set your mushroom cap horizontal to keep the rain and snow out this was a field mod applied in many motorpools. Or for a coupla bucks more you could go to a mufflet shop that does larger (4") truck muffler work and have them do a 90* bend and riser out of one piece of pipe to place the mushroom at cab top level, with the necessary swell to fit over your air cleaner intake. Around here they charged me about $10.00 for the pipe and extra for the two clamps, though you can get them at NAPA too.
Just my .02 worth.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan.

NB: You will note my deuce just has the 90* NAPA elbow on the intake, but my Unimog is gonna get the riser extension to the Cyclone elbow to move the cap up to windshield top height. I'll need to make a bracket to support it.

Cheers, KFM:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks