• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV 1114

tyost

Hi,
I'm looking for information as to the approximate power draw of the HMMWV 1114 - this is the "up-armored" version and probably has the same power consumption (base vehicle only) as the un-armored version. I do know it has a 200amp alternator, but wondering how much of that it really pulls.

thanks in advance for any help.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All depends on what comms gear is in it, Blue Force Tracker, PLGR, fans, lights, and everything else soldiers put in there.. Also, the AC draws jucie also.
The 1114 also has the dual 12/24 200 amp genny, others have from the 60 to 100 to 200 ampers..
Why do you ask?

Put your location in the profile....

tyost

Hi -
Thanks for your post.
I'm looking for the draw of the basic vehicle without all of the c4isr equipment you mentioned. I am doing some systems engineering to install the equipment you mentioned, plus some, in the M1114. Trying to decide if we need another alternator. Having hard time finding this info on these vehicles.

Location is Texas :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks