• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight station Question

hi-revr

I think you missed something when you read (1). Notice that it says: "...motor vehicle used on a highway in interstate commerce..."

Commerce requires a business purpose. He has none.

Everything in the statute you posted does not apply.

-Chuck
There are probably a hundred ways to interpret all the laws. I'm not a CDL holder but do have an ATF Type 54 explosives license for Display Fireworks. As mentioned above in commerce is the key and at least for what is posted everything below that in the original post would not apply to an individual. There may be other areas that do.

redcatcher06

Your best bet is to stop at the scales as each DOT officer has their own interprentation of the law. Legally as long as your rig is registered to carry the weight your carrying and your not crossing the state line with the intent to do commerce there is no requirement to cross the scale. The Halifax scale house on I-95 will run you down if you bypass it and the fine is $600.00.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks