• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101 question

grizcty

Need to have my son in law tow my new M101.
He will be towing it with a F350.

Was reading on a "old" thread. by (dlawbrey)
That Napa sells 12 volt tail light bulbs that will work in the trailer.
And that they just changed the trailer plug.
He never did post the part #'s. :cry:

Does anyone/know or have the part #'s?? :?:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

LanceRobson

Over on olive-drab.com you'll find the chart with the number codes for the wiring circuits for the lights and light switch.

MILITARY VEHICLES: M-SERIES LIGHT SWITCH

There is a complete chart with all the M-series wiring numbers called out, too.

Take the cover off the frame rail where the inter-vehicular cable runs down to and disconnect those circuits and jumper them to a "flat 4" trailer connector. You'll be able to power up the lights and change it back to GI with no issues.

If you use "wye" connectors you can have both flat 4 and the GI plug at the same time. Then you just plug in what you need.

Lance

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info.
Is there a plug adapter available, that you know of?
i
BTW, what does IIRC really stand for? (Idiot In Rural Community) me :)
Tried looking it up.

IIRC - Definition by AcronymFinder

International Inter-Society Research Committee (on Nuclear Codes and Standards)
Not so much a plug adapter but regular bullet connectors will adapt to the military harness. The factory plug assy unplugs right under the nose of the trailer.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly

grizcty

Over on olive-drab.com you'll find the chart with the number codes for the wiring circuits for the lights and light switch.

MILITARY VEHICLES: M-SERIES LIGHT SWITCH

There is a complete chart with all the M-series wiring numbers called out, too.

Take the cover off the frame rail where the inter-vehicular cable runs down to and disconnect those circuits and jumper them to a "flat 4" trailer connector. You'll be able to power up the lights and change it back to GI with no issues.

If you use "wye" connectors you can have both flat 4 and the GI plug at the same time. Then you just plug in what you need.

Lance
Thanks for the info Lance.
I also saved it for future use.

What actually are "wye" connectors? :roll:

grizcty

drgreg wrote
"If I remember correctly it stands for "Indvidual In need of Reality Check"

I think that would IIN"O"RC!

But, then again, I could be wrong!:p

grizcty

"Not so much a plug adapter but regular bullet connectors will adapt to the military harness. The factory plug assy unplugs right under the nose of the trailer.

IIRC = If I Recall Correctly"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Recovery,

I will send this info to my son in law.

IIRC - Some of us are still SLOWLY, trying to learn this computer lingo!

:lost:

Barrman

Another option is to make a plug adaptor. My 101A2 had 12V lights on it when I got it. Below are pictures of my adaptor that took about 10 minutes to make and the 101 behind my Suburban.

However, if you go the magnetic light route. Buy 12/24V LED's. They will stick to any MV you have, plug into your truck and not fall off like the HF magnetic lights do with amazing regularity.

Attachments

grizcty

Thanks for sending the pictures.
I will send them and all the other info posted, to my son in law.
And hopefully, he will figure it out. :roll:
Getting too **** cold out for me.
Warmed up to minus -20 Deg. F.:cry:

Just want to say "thanks" to all who replied.:-D

number9

So how do you guys setup a dual-plug config with these connectors on a trailer? Put them at the spot on the roadside tounge rail and then have each side of those connectors running out to a different plug?

Anyone got any pics?

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take your wires from the civilian plug and put military ends on them (or I suppose you could just use the right sized civilian connectors).

The single side of the Y goes out to the lights, the twin side would take an input for each light from either the military plug on one side, or the civvie plug on the other. Whichever plug you attached to your vehicle would feed power to that wire at that time. (Does that make sense??)

The pictures below should show what I mean, the third one is a rough paint up of a Y connector in place.

Cheers

Attachments

grizcty

Take your wires from the civilian plug and put military ends on them (or I suppose you could just use the right sized civilian connectors).

The single side of the Y goes out to the lights, the twin side would take an input for each light from either the military plug on one side, or the civvie plug on the other. Whichever plug you attached to your vehicle would feed power to that wire at that time. (Does that make sense??)

The pictures below should show what I mean, the third one is a rough paint up of a Y connector in place.

Cheers
Rory,
Thanks for sending this info.
Do you know a source to buy these?
Or a the/a manufacturer? :?:

number9

For those that have made adapters to 4-way flat civi connectors, I would assume by looking at the above pics of the mil connector that the wires are for more than just tail lights, brake lights, right turn and left turn? Maybe blackout lights too, that you wouldn't have connections for on the 4-way civi plug - what did you do with the extra wires? Just leave them hang, taped up to keep junk out of the connectors?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks