• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers, users age

How old are you?

• Less than 20

Votes: 68 5.3%
  • 20-30

Votes: 252 19.8%
  • 31-40

Votes: 314 24.6%
  • 41-50

Votes: 301 23.6%
  • 51-60

Votes: 216 17.0%
  • over 60

Votes: 123 9.7%

• Total voters

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any way of updating our age, I have already bumped up a group in the stats. ? Then again, this might be a good way to always be young.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T9apksOv6k

OH !... And THANKS to the SS Website for the email birthday greeting.
(It arrived promptly at 2300hrs the night before my birthday (0000hrs of my b'day). GOOD JOB !

Oldfart

Since I first posted to this thread, I have added to my fleet as well as my age. So many surplus vehicles and so little money. Must chose wisely what I add.

71DeuceAK

I was 17 when I joined, 18 now.

Another poll idea: (Maybe this has been covered already but in case it hasn't): How old were you when you acquired your first MV? I know a member here who got his M923A1 as a 14 year old high school freshman. (Still has it 5 years later).

Oldfart

So, this poll started in 2009 at which time I would have entered that I was 72. That makes me 77 now. I acquired my first military vehicle in 1963, before most of the poll respondents were born. It was a 1953 Dodge M37 released by the U.S. Forest Service from a pine beetle spray control program in Woodland Park Colorado. I followed that with the purchase of an M101 trailer from a surplus equipment dealer in Denver. I paid more for the trailer than I did for the M37. After that I bought a couple of scrap M37's from Colorado State University for parts to keep my and my Brother-in-law's M37's running. And it has just continued. Through all the buying, I have sold very little. Just a CCUV and an M101 trailer that I flipped along the way. In my later military collectors life, my son and daughter have joined me in collecting. My Daughter started with her own Dodge M43 which she took years to get running and My son with his own M37 which regularly is the Chuck Wagon in and out of his annual hunting camp (except the year he surprised the world by getting his deuce to camp). The list of what we as a family own is long and varied. Looking for the more rare stuff now. Like the Dodge M2B I picked up last summer.

Oldfart

20150821_145152.jpg
Got a pic maybe?
Built on a M56 Chassis for the Navy as a crash truck, one of 130 made. Not quite as old as me, but almost. My son has a 1941 AutoCar Radar truck that is closer to my age and one of three know to exist and his is the only on without a chopped frame. My son is in his 40's and has given up on SS because he can't seem to log on anymore.

Another Ahab

Built on a M56 Chassis for the Navy as a crash truck, one of 130 made. Not quite as old as me, but almost. My son has a 1941 AutoCar Radar truck that is closer to my age and one of three know to exist and his is the only on without a chopped frame. My son is in his 40's and has given up on SS because he can't seem to log on anymore.
That's a beauty; nice! Thanks for the pic.

It doesn't seem right about your son's SS problems.

Maybe he's dialed into the wrong frequency:

smoke.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks