• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need blacked out copy of SF-97 for clueless DMV

datsunaholic

In Washington, it really depends on the licensing agent. Some agents will do a title creation with a SF97, and a reassignment or a bill of sale, some won't. Seems to be mood based. Same thing happens with a title that's signed over to someone else. I've had some agents just type it in and some that want the whole paper trail. I've never paid a late transfer fee, even when the title was "signed" months prior when the "curbstone dealer" got it.

However, the agents that just "type it in and let it fly" are getting fewer and fewer. Sometimes I just have to haul the seller into the DOL office with me. That has worked in every case...

bill45colt

GSA issues the same sf-97. They are for all federally owned vehicles and all come out of federal service with the sf-97 so if they know how to handle gsa vehicles they should know how to handle GL vehicles. That is except for the fact GSA actually gives out SF-97s in the name of the buyer unlike GL where they are on the SF-97 and they provide a reassignment letter.
Chuck, You and several others here are misleading in your quotes. Not all vehicles come with SF 97s. I bought 5 trucks and none came with them. If you want them, you must request them. Also, on the issue of why everyone doesnt title vehicles, and the comment that its crazy not to do so. In the state of Alabama, SF-97s are not needed nor are state titles available for vehicles made before 1967. Licenses are issued with attending paperwork on bill of sale information, and insurance can be had, but some folks on this forum think they know it all and do not. Bill Strickland

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks