• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun ring pics

hot rod deuce

Alright so heres the deal. I got an M66 gun ring for my crew cab deuce but dont like the whole design i like the HMMWV set up much better. i was thinking about using that idea insted. the problem is i cant find any close up pics or mesurements of the things. I got a guy that says he has a "bearing" for 100 bucks. i assume thats just a bearing and i still need the rest. Any good places to look? I know a slant back kit goes for like 3500-5000 bucks and didnt quite wana spend THAT much just to chop it apart.

readyman

HRD,

Half my M66 bearings are missing, if you're not going to move on it can I have the lead on that 'bearing'? I've only spent the last few months trying to trace the mfg without any luck.

Readyman

readyman

emmado22,
Thanks,
The 5/8x5/8 roller bearings and brass cages. Thanks for the TM tho... the parts I needed all weren't listed with nsn's. But when we called Iso-Parts they would only sell us enough for 6 M66 rings. $700. :(
BTW my son and I really like your new m998.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummm.. I'll see what info I can track down for you. I'll post more pics of the humvee next week after I start adding the winch, brushguard, IR lights, radios, ect.. And, oh yeah, that M2HB gas gun on the MK64 mount on the M7 Pedestal for the back!!!!!

hot rod deuce

Well the m66 is sorta sitting in my shop, think im going to save it for the wrecker. If you could get by with just the rollers i would just make some. Maybe have them heat treated but for the amount of use, i would just lub em up real good and go.

readyman

HRD,
The rollers are soft steel, yeah I 'could' turn some down. But I know after spending lots of t+m to build up roller bearings and cages there will be barrels of 'em available on Ebay. :( So before I warm up the lathe I'm gonna be patient. My son and I are putting the first coats of CARC on the truck right now.
I'm gonna send some nsn's to emmado22 when I get to the shop, maybe he'll have some luck with procurement. [thumbzup]

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Readyman,

I dont have good news for ya. The parts you need are manufactured by Uncle Sam's Rock Island Arsenal... You cant call them and ask them to sell you some... However, I bet your not the only guy that needs these... Get the lathe warmed up, and ebay the ones you dont need...... ;)

hot rod deuce

DId you not say they were a strait roller bearing? 5/8". just grab some 5/8 cold roll and cut it up. If you wana get fancy i can get you some 5/8 chrome hardend shaft. Used for cylinder rods and bucket links on our excavators (well only they're 3 1/2")

The white ring would be neat on a 60's era meat wagon for sure!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks