• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

818 feed wagon

wbv

I was pulling the feed trailer with my 3/4 ton Dodge but it always felt like the "tail wagging the dog".

My solution was to use a bigger dog...........

We use about 5 tons of feed each week to feed 60,000 birds or so.

Nonotagain

I was pulling the feed trailer with my 3/4 ton Dodge but it always felt like the "tail wagging the dog".

My solution was to use a bigger dog...........

We use about 5 tons of feed each week to feed 60,000 birds or so.
That's a lot of birds! How long is the growing season for quail?

Nice looking 818.

wbv

Thanks......

Hatching season is June through September. The birds need 18 weeks to mature. Hunting season is October 1 through March 31 for licensed preserves so we only have one grow-out season each year.

wbv

Thanks......

We have raised quail for hunting preserves and individual land owners here in the SE for nearly 50 years. Family operation. Not a very profitable business.........

The 'emblem' on the front is the name of my youngest granddaughter....... I put the older one's name on my forestry mulching tractor.

wbv

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks