• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

They lost my truck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M920

Well, just when I thought that I have seen it all........

This one has to top it for sure!!!

So i bid on this nice looking M818 (with winch) on ebay. Everything looked great, good pics, 100% positive feedback seller with tons of transactions....
Sent my deposit and fired up the M920A1, hooked up to my M870A1 trailer and was on may to California.
I meet the seller at the storage place and to my horror look at an M818 that does not even resemble the truck i bid on on ebay!

MY truck was recently serviced by the Army, has a new tan CARC paint job, with a soft-top, in good running shape with nice seats, new tires and a WINCH!!

The truck that I'm looking at is OD camo and rust, with parts missing, does not run, has torn seats, crappy tires, a rusted out hard top, has not seen any maintenace in decades and has NO WINCH!!!!

Up on asking, the seller played stupid and said that this was indeed the truck i purchased!!!

Well, to make a long story short, after some choice words on my end the seller finally admitted that the truck that was on ebay had disapeard or was missing!?!?! ( so they aparentely thought they could just send me off with this one!!!)

So what does one do in a case like this...... it took about 2 hours of intense "negotiations" but I loaded the only truck they could "find" on my trailer, handed over a very small amount of cash and drove off in to the sunset with a new "parts truck"......

Good thing I did bring cash for the balance or this would have been even more difficult!!

Has anyone ever run in to something like this before? Let me know if you have....so I don't feel so bad.....

I included sum pics of my new "conquest"

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please share the ebay sellers name.(not to bash them, just to elighten us)

I would have started with calling the police.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had the same bait and switch deal happen to me over a Broom Handle Mauser pistol, the pistol I received had no resemblance to the pistol described or shown. It took the threat of a cross country drive to discuss the problem face to face for them to refund my money!
James

PS: Super looking 920!

Last edited:

M920

Please share the ebay sellers name.(not to bash them, just to elighten us)

I would have started with calling the police.

I'm not sure if calling the police would have done any good in this case.....I think this would be strictly an ebay situation.

The seller's ebay name is "moneynmore" has over 8000 transactions and a 99.9 % positive feed back!

That just shows how much good the feed-back score is!!!

here are some pics of MY TRUCK that i bid on....

Attachments

M920

yea but i dont think i would of settled on just another truck . you just dont loose a m818 , Sounds like a bait and switch .:cry:

Well, i agree.....unfortunately the seller was a Woman.....that kind of throws a wrench in to things, at lease as far as "setteling" things in a more appropriate fashion...... lol

goldneagle

I would have asked to see the police report that they filed for the STOLEN truck. No one just loses a $5000+ truck and does not report it to the POLICE.

I would also file a complaint with Ebay and leave a negative feedback for the transaction. This way they won't pull that stunt on another buyer.

If it was me I would be very pissed for losing all that time and money going to pick up the truck that was not there! They should have contacted you immediately to keep you from making the long trip for nothing. Substituting a parts truck is not a remedy!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bait and switch and the woman was the front "man" to keep you from running over the real seller with the 920.

Good luck with anything eGay as far as complaining because they most likely don't care as long as they get their cut.

Where the heck did you get the 920?

sw

M920

I would have asked to see the police report that they filed for the STOLEN truck. No one just loses a $5000+ truck and does not report it to the POLICE.

I would also file a complaint with Ebay and leave a negative feedback for the transaction. This way they won't pull that stunt on another buyer.

If it was me I would be very pissed for losing all that time and money going to pick up the truck that was not there! They should have contacted you immediately to keep you from making the long trip for nothing. Substituting a parts truck is not a remedy!

Well, I guess she never claimed that the truck got "stolen". She said it was "MISSING".....at one point she even explained that they had several trucks and the last buyer must have picked up the WRONG truck!!! Come on....what a JOKE!!!!!!

goldneagle

Bait and switch and the woman was the front "man" to keep you from running over the real seller with the 920.

Good luck with anything eGay as far as complaining because they most likely don't care as long as they get their cut.

Where the heck did you get the 920?

sw
You are WRONG!!!! Ebay cares more about the buyers than the sellers these days! I sell on Ebay full time and have seen them rule in favor of a buyer even though the seller was right.

I sold a kitchen sink that was supposed to be both top and undermount as per the manufacturer. The buyer said it was not as stated and filed a complaint with Ebay/ paypal. I submitted documentation showing that the sink was as advertised. I still lost the case. i had to bitch at them until Paypal agreed to refund me the shipping cost to the buyer. They said they decided in the buyer's favor so that we both LOST the shipping cost one way. They thought that was the FAIR way to do it. I argued that I thought it was unfair to me since I proved that it was AS ADVERTISED. Paypal then agreed to refund the shipping cost to me from their money!

You can talk to other Sellers on Ebay and they will tell you that the scales are tilted towards the BUYERS.

Chief_919

I would bet if you watch that truck you bid on will suddenly be on Ebay again- it didn't bring the price they wanted, so they made up a "lost truck" story.

I would hit them with negative feedback, and put all 1's on the DSR "stars" as well. These days the way Ebay does the ratings those can really, really hurt them, it only takes a few over a year to get your account restricted anymore.

goldneagle

Well, I guess she never claimed that the truck got "stolen". She said it was "MISSING".....at one point she even explained that they had several trucks and the last buyer must have picked up the WRONG truck!!! Come on....what a JOKE!!!!!!
If they are that STUPID or incompetent as to give the wrong truck to someone they would not be in business for long! Sounds like a lot of BULL.I can see shipping the wrong item when you are selling a lot of SMALL items but not a $$$$$$ truck! Especially when there is nothing close to it's appearance around!

l1a1man

I would have demanded a refund and cash back for my time and gas. Then I would contact EBay and report them for fraud. I would send the ad with pictures and the crap they tried to pawn off on you. Not a way to do business. Some peoples children.

Chief_919

You can talk to other Sellers on Ebay and they will tell you that the scales are tilted towards the BUYERS.
For sure.

I won't even take Paypal on my business account anymore, and I don't sell anything I can't afford to lose on my personal and accept Paypal for it.

Taking Paypal leaves you open to be scammed with no recourse. A buyer can buy something- lets say an injection pump. They can get it, files a "Not as described" dispute, Paypal will tell them to refund it, and they can send ANYTHING back and Paypal will see the tracking # shows it got to you and they will issue a refund. If you get lucky you will get the IP you sent back- you might get a useless core, you might get a brick. Paypal does not care, as long as they have a tracking # showing you got any package, the buyer gets a refund.

Scam #2 is to just dispute the charge from Paypal on your credit card. Paypal will not fight it, will not look at anything, and will not care if anything gets returned to you- they buyer gets money back and to keep the item.

One more scam to watch out for- never take Paypal for something that is being picked up. If somebody pays you with Paypal and gets it in person, you can't prove they got it, because the ONLY proof Paypal will take it a tracking # from USPS, UPS, Fedex or DHL. You could have a notarized signed receipt that it wa spicked up along with video footage- Paypal won't look at it.

goldneagle

I would bet if you watch that truck you bid on will suddenly be on Ebay again- it didn't bring the price they wanted, so they made up a "lost truck" story.

I would hit them with negative feedback, and put all 1's on the DSR "stars" as well. These days the way Ebay does the ratings those can really, really hurt them, it only takes a few over a year to get your account restricted anymore.
Those STAR ratings also determine your DISCOUNT on Ebay fees for the month. all 1's would kill any discount since it would be hard to average out.

goldneagle

For sure.

I won't even take Paypal on my business account anymore, and I don't sell anything I can't afford to lose on my personal and accept Paypal for it.

Taking Paypal leaves you open to be scammed with no recourse. A buyer can buy something- lets say an injection pump. They can get it, files a "Not as described" dispute, Paypal will tell them to refund it, and they can send ANYTHING back and Paypal will see the tracking # shows it got to you and they will issue a refund. If you get lucky you will get the IP you sent back- you might get a useless core, you might get a brick. Paypal does not care, as long as they have a tracking # showing you got any package, the buyer gets a refund.

Scam #2 is to just dispute the charge from Paypal on your credit card. Paypal will not fight it, will not look at anything, and will not care if anything gets returned to you- they buyer gets money back and to keep the item.

One more scam to watch out for- never take Paypal for something that is being picked up. If somebody pays you with Paypal and gets it in person, you can't prove they got it, because the ONLY proof Paypal will take it a tracking # from USPS, UPS, Fedex or DHL. You could have a notarized signed receipt that it wa spicked up along with video footage- Paypal won't look at it.
Actually if you contact Paypal and talk to an agent you can get some interesting results. The sink that i lost the case came back BROKEN in transit. The one corner was broken off! I called Paypal and after sending a notarized statement as to the damage of the returned item i got a full refund from them!

Paypal policy has changed throughout the years. it is not what it used to be. Some good and some not so good changes.

There is still seller protection that covers the seller as long as he can prove the item was shipped to the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks