• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1943 Biederman USAAF truck w/Unit Crane EXC cond. For Sale

carguy455

We found this 1943 Biederman Army Air Forces type F-1 Fuel-Deiceing Truck with a Unit crane/digger mounted on it, Excellent condition, has a Hercules engine [running]was repainted in Orange, we found evidence of olive drab and strata blue under the orange. I have know of this rig since childhood and it has been meticulously maintained by its now elderly owner, there is a clamshell boom and a scoop boom, there may be a crane boom as well but it wasnt visible the day we were there and owner was not home. Truck is located in Brewer Maine and seller is motivated, I have many pictures and will try to post as many as I can on here. This is an all wheel drive truck, I had never seen one before. A unique rig for sure. Will post a price on here as soon as I find out, but this thing is emaculate !!!!!

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
looks like it was a tractor (6 ton i think)at first, the unit crane is a early 60s model

canarywood1

We found this 1943 Biederman Army Air Forces type F-1 Fuel-Deiceing Truck with a Unit crane/digger mounted on it, Excellent condition, has a Hercules engine [running]was repainted in Orange, we found evidence of olive drab and strata blue under the orange. I have know of this rig since childhood and it has been meticulously maintained by its now elderly owner, there is a clamshell boom and a scoop boom, there may be a crane boom as well but it wasnt visible the day we were there and owner was not home. Truck is located in Brewer Maine and seller is motivated, I have many pictures and will try to post as many as I can on here. This is an all wheel drive truck, I had never seen one before. A unique rig for sure. Will post a price on here as soon as I find out, but this thing is emaculate !!!!!
WOW, i haven't seen one of these in almost 60 years, i drove one in 1953 for a redi-mix concrete company in Chicago,Il and they would go where no other truck would venture, the Hercules engine in this unit had pistons the size of 2 lb. coffee cans, and it had 2 50 gallon saddle tanks, and we had to fuel them twice a day or you would run out of gas by the end of the day if you didn't.

The pictures don't do justice to the size of the truck, they were huge and you needed to stand on a ladder to put water in the radiator, and we learned to speed shift them, because the clutch was so stiff.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if the OP ever followed up on this , since it's a 6 year old thread , it must have went somewhere by now.

L6143

My father owned this 1942 Biederman with the 1956 Unit attached. He passed away this last October. I am now trying to sell it along with the backhoe, crane boom and grapple hook. Anyone interested?

Last edited:

Jeff Lakaszcyck

A friend of mine has bought this truck and it will soon be in a new home in Connecticut. This will be his second Biederman F1. I think he has the market cornered !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks