• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Darrell Braun FANSITE!! HAHAHA

KI4GSN

You assume he has a static IP address, which 95% of people do NOT have. Alternately, you assume he's incapable of using a computer with a dynamic IP address, which 95% of people DO have.

Wireless cards, Star*ucks, public WiFi hotspots and so forth aren't capable of doling out statics.

Hey, here's an idea: let's go ahead and talk about all the ways to catch him and all the things we're considering and all the data we have on him so he can continue to polish his image. Let's all help him out with that.
:rant:
How can you say I assume something, you're not me. I threw out a possibility that I thought might work, and was politely shown (NOT by you) that it wouldn't work because of the way he is connecting. I'm a friggin Firefighter for crying out loud, we're not the brightest people in the world, but we're (for the msot part) good people. So what, I don't work at Microsoft or Google or a place like that, and I don't claim to know much of anything about computers. If I offended you because of my ignorance about IP addresses, get over it! If you have a problem with me or anyone else on this board, how about a nice PM instead of a public attack on the forum? Or does that make too much sense?

The only reason I responded here, is you attacked me publicly, so I respond publicly. If you choose to further continue this, please feel free to PM me.

And it's not like he's going to gather any information that he doesn't already know. In case you haven't figured it out, we're waaaay behind the power curve on this one.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I hate to say it but this DB crap is getting old, this DB stuff has been going on for quite a while (seams like years, maybe it was), every time DB comes up, we get 7, 10 , or more pages of the SAME stuff that's here. EVERYONE knows how well liked he is. ALL this posting is NOT getting us ANYWHERE, enough people here has been screwed by him , why not these member, or the general SS population get together, hire a criminal investigator, build a case, and then TURN DB into bubba's butt buddy so the love that we feel towards him can be shared
My third cup of coffee RANT for this morning

Last edited:

Snarky

Here's my take on it. You can not trust the majority of the people on the internet or indeed the world as a whole. DB proves that you need you use your brain and do a little research before doing business with someone. Now sometimes you'll do all the right things and still wind up screwed in the end, or sometimes all the research point to something shady and its just your paranoia, but that's the risk of doing business on the internet or even in person.

I bought a truck from someone named Darrel in Ohio over ebay. I later found out about DB after I joined SS. After that, I was afraid my truck might have been stolen or something and that the man I did business with was DB. It turns out my Darrel had actually be accused by people here who swore up and down he was DB.

Guess what. It wasn't. The man was Darrel F. (frostvair) a man who just happened to have an unfortunate combination of the same first name and similar location. The man sold me a truck he busted his ass on making look and run good, and I didn't give him any feedback on a high $$$ ebay sale because I thought it might have been shady. I have a Texas title on my Truck, no real problems that weren't caused by me, and I felt bad that I didn't give positive feedback on it. I never saw a picture of DB till this thread, but that man didn't look anything like him.

I met the man in person he lives in Sandusky, OH. I picked it up from his house, he had several trucks. I left his house, one of the headlights decided to go out, he came to the gas station and changed it out for no charged, even though I had already signed for the truck and he had the money in hand.

I'm sure by now he's probably be banned because of this ignorant witch hunt, but he was a decent seller.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I just don't get why none of the people who are out alot of money don't pay him a visit with the local PD and get your stuff back? I know it would only take me being shorted a little $$ and I'd be taking a trip to OH to fix it. I'm one of the people that would spend $500 to get my $100 back.:roll:

As I posted a few pages back I spoke to a LEO in Celina.
It is very hard to prove ownership without documentation. A lot of the stuff Darrell made off with has no ID numbers on it.
The guy also stated that these situations often fall into a "he said, she said, they said" sceniario.
I never sent Darrel any money...I did trades with him and "loaned" him my trailer with deuce bed attached to it.
It is a long haul to Celina with a deuce (what I would need to recover the trailer) and the cost would kick my butt (not the mention the trip).
I have the SF97 for the trailer and could charge him with GTA if I had filed a complaint when he took to the air. I didn't because I thought he was still in Alabama and would return the trailer since he was using it to store household goods (his tale).
He skeedaddled back to Ohio with my property and some other folks stuff too.
Is going up there and hassling with him and the LEO's worth it?
Prob not in a monetary sense, but he need's to be held accountable.
I think there are still warrants out on him in Decatur, AL.
If any parties are interested in heading up that way while I am on break from college I might consider taking my evidence up there and getting my stuff back (and anything else he has left). PM me and we will talk.
I'm sure he is watching this thread to see how appreciated he is.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just my 2cents here.....

Fortunately, even if DB isn't held accountable in this lifetime and in man's judicial system, the General Operations Director of all things knows exactly what DB has done and will hold him ultimately accountable for his actions.

:soapbox:

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
His name did pop up at Findlay. We wondered if he would dare to show his face there. Even after 5 years, people still mention his name with a terse tone.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't surprise me if he's around here somewhere under another name.

I was getting ready to do a 4 figure deal with him right before he fled AL. I smelled something wasn't right and backed off, right after that reports started flowing in of people getting shafted.

Next I got tied up on another deal with him when he was going by the "grounded" name (not knowing it was Darrel). The logistics messed that deal up so I was lucky again.

After two near misses, I'm very cautious with who I deal with if I don't know for sure who they are.

For what it's worth, I did do several deals with him that went ok before he went AWOL the fist time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks