• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Post your cucv pics here

cucvrus

DSCN0936.jpgDSCN0935.jpgI found these pictures today while I was looking around at some parts I had stored. These were in a parts file on my computer. That is my 1985 CUCV M1028. I have sold it and it is long gone. It was a beautiful truck and was like brand new inside and out. That was my brand new pick up truck pulling it. I have since traded that one in on a new one. DSCN0733.jpgDSCN0734.jpg

cucvrus

musky muskrat.jpg
View attachment 658263View attachment 658264I found these pictures today while I was looking around at some parts I had stored. These were in a parts file on my computer. That is my 1985 CUCV M1028. I have sold it and it is long gone. It was a beautiful truck and was like brand new inside and out. That was my brand new pick up truck pulling it. I have since traded that one in on a new one. View attachment 658266View attachment 658267
I was looking at these pictures and trying to figure out why I was hauling the truck on the trailer. And then I looked at the truck sitting at the barn and seen it was missing the rear bumper and the wires were dangling. Then I remembered why. It was ready to go have the bed Line X'ed. I removed the rear bumper so the rear sill could be sprayed also. I stayed under the rail and also note this M1028 has an M1008 bed floor. When I rebuilt the truck I replaced all of the body panels and I used an M1008 bed so that I could have the 8 tie downs inside of the bed. I still have the like new M1028 bed floor in my barn. I did have 2 but sold one to a member here on this site. Maybe someday someone will need a nice clean rust-free sub frame to build on. Or then again maybe not.

kyleJ

Howdy all, this is my CUCV - was military, then police (who hacked it up pretty bad). First photo is when it was being repainted so that I didn't get arrested for impersonating a police office :) - second & third is when it ran in the warm summer months, and the last is all I get to see now in the mildly cold Texas winters because it won't start for some reason (I believe it's a glow plug issue).
503E489C-6816-4B62-BC8F-E2ABD5ADAE06.jpg113B4649-DBC5-49FF-8C62-CAD23C2C652B.jpg31E411CE-6649-4305-8F3E-F1603A70CC0C.jpg916FBD7E-E89C-42ED-A891-345D433298E8.jpg

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to hear it if you happen to know it!
I had a traffic director mounted on the rear of my M1009....
20140720_200335_zps1lm0d38t.JPG20140720_200403_zps92ciqhby.JPG
The 2 red LEDs were wired as auxiliary turn signal/brake lights.. as I had almost been rear ended multiple times...

I passed a Sherriff deputy, and had my turn signal on to change lanes, and he pulled me over, saying only ambulances could have red flashing lights... I told him I was changing lanes, hoping to get him to understand they were turn signals, and he says 'doesn't matter' lolol.. I pointed out they were brake/turn signals...and pointed out that they come on when I hit the brakes, and use my turn signal, specifically because the stock single bulb setup sucked and I had people almost hit me because they brake late..

He was still pissed and called state patrol.

State patrol comes up and measures my lights, says auxiliary brake/turn lights are supposed to be no more than 72" off the ground, and mine are 74" high, but they're not gonna issue a ticket because it's BS and they're not worried about it...

Meanwhile, I'm open carrying as I always do.. State patrol asks me to step out so he can point out that my amber light bar on the roof has a tiny spot where the lens faded to white and is now flashing a tiny bit of white and says that's technically llegal, but again, not really an issue but he has to tell me to get it fixed.. Meanwhile the original cop is now extra pissy because not only was I armed, but it was in plain sight, and he didn't see it... State Patrol didn't care...

State Patrol basically told the deputy nothing was wrong and they weren't gonna issue me a ticket for using a turn signal..

The deputy ended up peeling off, obviously pissed, leaving me with the state troopers who were cool, and who told me I was free to go... meanwhile... the deputy still had my license/insurance /etc.. and another (different) deputy ended up bringing it back to me.

So, moral of the story... don't use your turn signal in front of a deputy Sherriff. hahahaah

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While SP gave you a pass on that particular stop, I highly recommend you bring your lights in compliance with the law.
It will come up again and you probably won’t be as lucky next time.
Doesn't matter if we all know or think it’s BS. It’s the law.

The Deputy will definitely remember you and word gets around.

If I saw that, I could personally care less.
I actually like it when guys add additional stop and turn lights.
Easier to see and safer for everyone.

But someday soon, you’ll get the guy who will write that ticket and be completely justified by the law.

dougco1

I had a traffic director mounted on the rear of my M1009....
View attachment 752426View attachment 752425
The 2 red LEDs were wired as auxiliary turn signal/brake lights.. as I had almost been rear ended multiple times...

I passed a Sherriff deputy, and had my turn signal on to change lanes, and he pulled me over, saying only ambulances could have red flashing lights... I told him I was changing lanes, hoping to get him to understand they were turn signals, and he says 'doesn't matter' lolol.. I pointed out they were brake/turn signals...and pointed out that they come on when I hit the brakes, and use my turn signal, specifically because the stock single bulb setup sucked and I had people almost hit me because they brake late..

He was still pissed and called state patrol.

State patrol comes up and measures my lights, says auxiliary brake/turn lights are supposed to be no more than 72" off the ground, and mine are 74" high, but they're not gonna issue a ticket because it's BS and they're not worried about it...

Meanwhile, I'm open carrying as I always do.. State patrol asks me to step out so he can point out that my amber light bar on the roof has a tiny spot where the lens faded to white and is now flashing a tiny bit of white and says that's technically llegal, but again, not really an issue but he has to tell me to get it fixed.. Meanwhile the original cop is now extra pissy because not only was I armed, but it was in plain sight, and he didn't see it... State Patrol didn't care...

State Patrol basically told the deputy nothing was wrong and they weren't gonna issue me a ticket for using a turn signal..

The deputy ended up peeling off, obviously pissed, leaving me with the state troopers who were cool, and who told me I was free to go... meanwhile... the deputy still had my license/insurance /etc.. and another (different) deputy ended up bringing it back to me.

So, moral of the story... don't use your turn signal in front of a deputy Sherriff. hahahaah
I think it was more jealous envy on behalf of the deputy. Those are nice looking rigs and I would pull you over just to get a better look.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it was more jealous envy on behalf of the deputy. Those are nice looking rigs and I would pull you over just to get a better look.
TY.

I sold the M1009.

I sold the M1010 to my mom (lol)

I picked up an M1031

Recent pic getting new shoes for both.....

20180628_173910-1612x1209.jpg

Funny, I don't get any crap for my current lights and signage, lol

signs.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks